Am i able to collect feedback with a plugin?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

basically I want a way to have plugin users able to send me feedback / bug reports. Is there a way to do this that doesnt include external data storage?

I haven’t found any documentation on this or even anything that can store data on just a datastore using plugins.

I looked for solutions on the developer hub, but found nothing.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

If you’re collecting feedback, why would you want to use DataStoreService? You wouldn’t be able to efficiently collect any data unless the user has studio open 24/7

The only way to properly collect feedback would be to use a 3rd party service that you can check often

1 Like

This would be a case where I might use like google sheet and log this information Theres a tutorial on it, and some limitations, such as a limit of 2 million responses, so if your a extremely popular plugin then you might have an issue. Just make sure you handle this, and make sure people can’t view the request which might be important, and make sure they don’t spam fill your requests. But this is an idea

1 Like

this is definitely what I was looking for! can I also use this to get data from google sheets to studio? if so then that will completely replace the plugin im making

Seems so based on a post, with a updated verision of the old tutorial I posted, from this response. I haven’t tried it myself so idk.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.