Am I allowed to give gift vouchers/real money for winning a competition?

I am in the process of making a small game by myself.
It is an obby/adventure type game (because I can’t script) and I had this idea of doing “prizes.”
I would create a video on my channel advertising the event, players would then compete inside of the game for a 50 dollar prize. Is this not allowed?
Can I give ROBUX gift vouchers as prizes for winning the competition?
Can I give Real Money for winning?
(for more context think about mr beast or skeppy, they do similar things.)
(for even more context; it would be like 50 people do an obby, first person to complete it wins)

Thankyou!

1 Like

I think it is, I feel that giveaways are blocked on ROBLOX, but I am not as sure. Although, I did see a YouTuber’s stream get his group banned for giving robux away. Not sure though, maybe look at the ToS,

It’s best to get a good look in order to get the correct information.

Said on the Community Rules:
Do not sell, trade or give away Roblox currency, digital goods or game codes outside of the channels provided to the users on the Roblox site . Third parties sell or provide eCards (which are physical cards or digital items that provide a code that you can use to redeem Robux or other virtual items on the Services). Those Game eCards have their own terms and conditions associated with them. If you want to sell, give away or do anything else with those eCards outside of Roblox (on an external website or social media channel), then we take no position as to those actions. However, we recommend you check with the terms of those eCards and place you want to take the actions.

Here specifically:
If you want to sell, give away or do anything else with those eCards outside of Roblox (on an external website or social media channel), then we take no position as to those actions.

So if I am doing it on my YouTube channel, but using my ROBLOX game to decide who gets the prize, is that against the rules???

I’m pretty sure if your doing this on YouTube, then yeah, it’s fine, I’m not sure though @pruhjectiles

Short answer: Yes.

(30 Characters)

As stated above, if this is isolated to be outside of the Roblox platform and you use a giftcard, it is fine. Giftcard giveaways are perfectly fine because that is the point of them: to gift them. Using group funds isn’t allowed and can get your account banned and potentially affect your ability to DevEx. Real money is fine because it isn’t tied to Roblox, but a giftcard is MUCH simpler and involves sharing no personal information like Venmo information.

6 Likes

@thenexusavenger You can use group funds for commissions, correct?

Yea, now that you’ve stated that I have a question.

Can I give Group Funds to my friends on their birthdays or will that also run my potential of DevEx?

You can give out group funds to people, but you can’t do like a giveaway involving them. They are used to give Robux to specific users that you know or commissions, or even just you want to buy some gamepass. So basically, yes.

Distributing group funds was created to be able to pay developers for services. This includes team development and commissions, as well as advertising and compensation for testing/buying items. The point where it goes from fine to being not allowed is very grey. For example, if you do a video where a few people compete for Robux, is that fine since you are paying for a service (creating video content)? If it isn’t a development expense, you really should use gift cards. If moderation decides to start enforcing the policy at scale, you don’t want to be on the wrong side of this.

2 Likes