Am I allowed to make a 'Filter'

Hi guys, basically my question is I want to prevent players from sending ‘False reports’ through our mod call system which directly links to a discord webhook. It doesn’t get displayed anywhere on ROBLOX to any player, just straight to discord. All I want to do is look through the string to see if it has things like ‘Fail Roleplay’ or ‘FRP’ in it. Is this allowed? Apparently no custom filters are allowed but surely this has to be an exception since in NO way is it replacing Roblox’s own filtering system.

1 Like

I think you are confused in what the ‘Filter’ is. Roblox’s filter is a Chat Filter that is designed to remove words that are inappropriate for Roblox’s audience. You are allowed to use your own filter to remove reports for your game. And Roblox only cares about the need for text to be put through their chat filter if it will be displayed to other players.

I had the idea that it was like that, but someone was telling me it could get my game banned etc. I just wanted to be on the safe side and check with others :+1:

This is allowed. You can pass whatever you want to a Discord webhook.

2 Likes

Yes sure. This is for sure allowed. You entwined it with Chat Filter. That is completely different thing and that should not be changed.

But you can ‘filter’ your code however you want!

1 Like

That isn’t true, you just have to also apply Roblox’s filter afterwards if you’re showing it to the client. Not sure where you heard this from.

Furthermore, adding additional safety for the sake of your players in the form of an extra chat filter will not get you punished. We applaud you for wanting to go the extra mile to ensure your players have a safe experience! Just make sure the text you’re filtering is not visible to players (i.e. sent to the client) and all should be fine.

5 Likes