Amount of objects in CoreGUI?

Why do you even need this? Mmm

2 Likes

I can’t provide any info about this but the thing is that I just need it.

1 Like

You will never know; When a new player joins; a new label is created,
When a new setting is implemented, a new system even a whole new level of gui’s are defined.
Players changing their character emotes, players opining new pages in the core gui.

Each new output to the dev console, is a new element… And well thats impossible to know the number off, because of core script errors; and so on more.

In other words, there isn’t a defined amount. And there will probably never be

2 Likes

is there atleast track it in-game with a LocalScript? like whenever a new element is added the game simply increases the value and whenever the element is removed it decreases the value.

1 Like

We can track it; But use it for any type of info and you’re most likely going to get inaccurate data.

1 Like

how can we track it and im not gonna use it for now, i’ll see if I can improve it any so that it returns accurate data.

1 Like

he is making a anti-cheat obviously

1 Like

Using events such as .ItemChanged, .DescendantAdded
Check all objects to see if their locked. It’s a messy process.

1 Like

edit: the solution were infront of my eyes all the time, just had to remember that preloadAsync did not have any security level checks

original post: How do you detect dark dex? - #488 by tr1stt4n

local count = 0

game:GetService("ContentProvider"):preloadAsync({game.CoreGui}, function(assetid, status)
    count = count + 1
end)
2 Likes

then it’s a very bad anti exploit

1 Like

thats kinda rude doe.

2 Likes

never intendee it to be rude. just stating my opinion.

1 Like

im not the one whoose making the anticheat here, this post were requested by a friend. if I were making an anticheat I would mostly prefer serverside checks.

1 Like

Yeah lol. That Tr1stt4n guy pretty much leaked a few client methods to detect stuff; Annoyed quite a few people.

Overall just pretty depressing when people leak resources.

2 Likes

yep, but suprisingly it seems like roblox isn’t going to patch preloadAsync.

Agreed, however I feel like the exploit developers will do that instead.

You can’t.

Roblox uses Roact, which updates the amount of instances dynamically. Additionally, as other people have pointed out, an update could make this value incorrect.

Besides, if you’re trying to make an anti-cheat the real solution is securing your game on the server.

they will, that’s the ecosystem, an exploit occurs, you patch it and they unpatch it.

Why would you need this?? If this is for an anti exploit please don’t even attempt it honestly because every time it changes for example a player chats that’s more, a player joins that’s more, dev console open that’s more, player list that’s more so yeah.

But I could indeed find this number if you are THAT interested I have a few methods.

i dont care about those resources tho