An Automated script to remove all people from a role in a group

I know there are some group thing we can do and somethings we can’t but I have a lot of bots sitting in one role in a group that I want to remove instead of going through and deleting them manually, is there a script that can do that for me?

4 Likes

Someone posted a script that does this. Check it out here: Scam Remove Bot

2 Likes

You could do what I do and create a Node.JS script and use an API like Noblox or Roblox.js to create scripts like that.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be Node.Js. It can be any language you like, and you don’t necessarily need a libary. But Python or Node will probably be the best option.

1 Like

noblox.js and roblox-js are libraries, calling it an API is incorrect and might cause confusion.

In order to achieve this you’ll have to use one of libraries listed above.
Using noblox.js/roblox-js with Node.js you could:

• Use getPlayers(group, rankid) to fetch all players in the group
  • Loop through the returned players
  • For each player, do roblox.exile(group, target)

Something like so:

let roblox = require('roblox-js');
let yourGroup = GROUP_ID_HERE
let rankToExile = RANK_ID_HERE

roblox.getPlayers({'group': yourGroup, 'rank': rankToExile})
.then(function(group) {
    let groupPlayers = group.players
    for(var i = 0; i < groupPlayers.length;i++) {
        let targetPlayerId = groupPlayers[i].id
        roblox.exile(yourGroup, targetPlayerId)
        .catch(function(err) {
            console.log(err)
        });
    }
})
.catch(function(err) {
    //console.error(err)
})

Keep in mind you will have to be logged in to use the above.

5 Likes

Noblox is broken, at least the bot login is, I just looked at old code of someone elses and looked around the noblox package and the problem is, is that roblox changed their log in somewhere so you’re not able to properly use the bot.

You must now use user cookies to log in using the newly added relog.js function. Check the completed pull requests on the repository for more information.

Right now, this isn’t a very easy thing to do you less you have experience with other web side things.

I believe roblox is actually working on some APIs to add/remove users from a group, or change the roles. I remember reading it a while back.

I’ve also tried going about a different option, I tried making several checks on the site in this order

1. Roblox isn’t down
  2. Search for the bot to make sure it exists
  3. Search the groups its in to check if the bot is in the group that will wipe the bots.
  4. lastly it check if the bot has the power to kick and delete posts on the group

After all of that it then tries to log in and complete the task it is given. If the log in worked I was going to add onto the code making the bot look at account age, how many items it has, and the phrases it types and compile all that into data then reporting the bot and adding to the filter list.

Have you tried using the code I wrote above with the relog.js function? That will accomplish exactly what you outlined in the main post.

No I actually haven’t. To be honest I’d have to edit it first before adding it in order to make it go along with my code or it could cause a problem in the code.If only there was an official API I would have finished this by now. What I’m truly wanting to do is also make the bot accessible by discord so that I can give the bot commands and it will send me data based on how much was deleted, reported etc. It’s going to be a very complicated process but I’ll be sure to edit that code and add it to see if the code doesn’t error out due to not being able to log in.

You should then mark this thread as solved/closed as there is a solution for what this thread asked for above.

If you need assistance with the rest of what you outlined above you should make a seperate thread as it’s not related directly to what this thread was made for.

OR what I could even do to protect the source code is make it a chrome plug in that would require me to buy obc for the bot account and for a small fee of about $1.50 to keep multiple bots running to protect multiple people’s groups while roblox comes out with a more permanent eradication for the scam bots. If any funds would be left after they come with a solution I’d simply donate the rest to a charity of twitter’s favorite choice.

Solved

I’m fairly sure Roblox added a captcha or something?

No, they’ve already said in the past captcha won’t work.

1 Like

Really late but it’s funny because roblox changed their mind and added a captcha… Did anyone ever figure out a solution for this or get the new api for groups?

you can use noblox library in node.js or if you want to send POST request to roblox api you need to give cookie and x-csrf token while sending request