Animate your Avatar with your movement

Thanks for giving it a try, glad to hear =)
And yeah, was beautiful to see our team pushing together to fix it and test and roll out the fix so smoothly, love it when that happens, makes me feel like part of a well coordinated orchestra =)

All our teams are pushing on so many amazing things to make Roblox that bit better every day.
I know like everyone we have our ups and downs, sometimes some things are not ideal right away, sometimes some need fixing, sometimes slight adjusting and sometimes bigger course correction, but yeah, when it all sings in harmony, it can be magical =)

5 Likes

I wanted to cross-post a bug report I just created as the “Enable Camera” setting blocks the ability to set any Motor6D.Transform of a character, regardless if they are using the camera or not. This is a problem that currently blocks games with Nexus VR Character Model from being able to use facial animations.

3 Likes

I still haven’t been given the option to enable this feature for my own account but I can enable it games through studio even though I have no way of testing it. Is there any way to request access to this feature?

4 Likes

For additional context, I already have had voice enabled since about when it came out but I still haven’t gotten the facial animations enabled.

3 Likes

Hi! Just asking about the developer/user rollout. I’m not sure what qualifications one would need to get developer access, however, I have still not received the facial animation support on my account. I am 13+ and ID-verifed.

3 Likes

Update on UI: We’ve released an visual update to the bubble toggles to address the feedback on UI visuals. Big thanks to @liztapioca7 and @daweezy99 for working on these changes.

For those who still wish to remove the bubble toggle UI altogether, don’t worry! You will later be able to with the full release of the new experience controls.

4 Likes

Looks better for sure but there are 2 very small issues I’ve instantly noticed with it:

1: At a certain zoom level the size of the bubble changes weirdly (getting bigger or smaller) (happens with any body type, r15 or r6), see video

2: This only happens in the R6 body but when R6 is enabled and you zoom in close enough, the bubble chat is halfway inside your head (which you can see at the end of the video)

1 Like

Why is the facial animation feature only being rolled out to certain users?
I still do not have the option to test this feature.

5 Likes

Glad to see that the UI has been fixed. However, (from what I can see while reading this) many people, including myself, do not have access to this feature. The toggle does not show up in the Privacy page in settings. It only shows the “Microphone Input”, this has been the same since it’s release. I know you said it was being rolled out, but this was announced over a month ago.

Any ideas why this might be?

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding animate your avatar with your movement. We now offer this feature to all users - not just 13+ users.

As a reminder, we take our users’ privacy seriously regardless of age. Any information provided by their camera for the feature to function is deleted in real-time after it has been used and cannot be shared.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Can we please make this optional or provide an API that we can override these button behaviors?
It’s 2023, and TextChatService still isn’t customizable for individual users (just the entire bubble chat system overall), and the voice chat and camera API are rigid and provide no flexibility to the developers who create experiences for players. Please can we receive more flexible controls for both of these APIs?

These buttons interfere with my UI, and I would prefer to put them elsewhere. On top of that, they are VERY mis-click prone when I have a UI that goes on top of these buttons. Apparently, these buttons are always-on-top when it comes to clicking, so I always accidentally either unmute myself or turn the camera on when I am scrolling my game’s UI. Please respect UI that appears on top of these buttons.

3 Likes

My main account which is this one, is 17+ verifed but I don’t have the facial tracking feature, but my frist account from 2014 as well as the accounts of my friends who aren’t verifed at all were given access to facial tracking ): any idea why it isn’t given to verifed users?

5 Likes

I still do not have this feature, is there any way I can get it? I’ve been waiting for a while.

1 Like

I also still do not have the feature. Has the feature not been rolled out to everyone yet?

1 Like

We are still testing this feature so some small % of accounts still do not have access. We are working to roll out and conclude the test over the course of this year. In the meantime if you need to test the feature, you should still be able to within Studio if you have enabled Camera in Game Settings. If you need to test in a live experience, I would recommend using a friend’s having a friend help you or using a test account with access. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience so far.

4 Likes

Yeah… wouldn’t really consider that a viable option. Think I’ll wait.

1 Like

I’m receiving a mixed message here. Is this referring to inside studio, or while in other experiences?

2 Likes

Been 2 months almost and still no access to this feature, anyone else experiencing the same thing?

6 Likes

Yes, glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. I have seen this message but I find it strange that Roblox released a calling with voice and camera feature before everyone even has the camera feature :thinking:

5 Likes

2 months later and still haven’t received access to this feature, nor a response to my previous question.

6 Likes