Animation Code Not Working

1. For a gun I have made I am trying to create some animations for it!

2. I know that Humaniod:LoadAnimation(Animation Here) is depreciated but can’t figure out how to change my code to the right version

3. I have tried looking around Youtube, Here and DeveloperHub for any help but I didn’t understand it, would love if someone could explain it in simple terms or give a good link .

here is my current code

local tool = script.Parent
 local shootAnim = Instance.new("Animation")
 shootAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://5940342945"
local track

tool.Activated:Connect(function()
	track = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(shootAnim)
	track.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action
	track.Looped = false
	track:Play()
end)

:grinning: Thanks for the help :grinning:

shootAnim isn’t parented to anything? Try to do Animator:LoadAnimation() instead

I assume your code already works, correct? This is how to use the new way of playing animations on the client. I recommend looking at the api on dev hub for more info.

local tool = script.Parent
local shootAnim = Instance.new("Animation")
shootAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://5940342945"
local track

tool.Activated:Connect(function()
	local animator = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:FindFirstChildOfClass("Animator")
    if animator then
        track = animator:LoadAnimation(shootAnim)

track.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action
    	track.Looped = false
    	track:Play()
    end
end)

A small note, you should check if the tools parent has a humanoid child to double check that it’s not in the backpack. Otherwise, your code could throw an error. Always nice to be sure.

- PseudoPerson
Written on mobile

shootAnim does not need to be parented something to use Animated:LoadAnimation().

There was recently an announcement about LoadAnimation becoming deprecated - perhaps this may be the issue?