Animation Not Loading Sometimes

Hello, animations in my game don’t seem to load 100% of the time. Most of the time, they do work but in some instances such as in the screenshots above, the loading fails. Rejoining will usually fix the issue so it doesn’t seem to be an error on my end.

My game is a shooter game, and it heavily depends on the animations to load properly. When they don’t, it completely ruins the experience for players, especially new ones. Please fix ASAP :pray: :pray:

Here is a link to my game. All animations are uploaded to the group

5 Likes

There have been a lot of reports in this category for this issue. And I support them all. Roblox should fix this issue as fast as possible, since a game engine literally gambling your animations isn’t nice.

3 Likes

Alerting engineers, thanks everyone

2 Likes

Hey, is there an update on this?

1 Like

Hi, we’re still looking for consistent repros on this issue. We’re also looking into giving more informative error messages. Could it be that one of your scripts is loading animations before the Animator instance is parented under the datamodel ?

I don’t think so. The rig being created and parented to Workspace is one of the first things that happens in my script. Personally, I’ve never encountered this problem before either, but I’ve received reports from players saying that their animations just don’t load.

This error is still occurring, more frequently now, I load animations under a table in a localscript parented inside character.

Hi,

No specific resolution step for this thread, but AnimationClipProvider error messages should now include additional context for load failures. If issues persist and you’re able to post with additional context around the issue you’re hitting, please open a new thread as it will be easier for us to triage and track. Will close this one for now.

1 Like