Animation not playing in a tool as it should be?

Hello friends! I’ve recently come across this annoying bug which I cannot seem to fix. I have tried changing the priorities (I set the default to Action) still yet useless. I’ve tried researching solutions to this problem still haven’t found one yet. Also, this is not a script issue it is the ROBLOX animation issue itself.

This is what it is supposed to look like.
https://gyazo.com/749f67ccc49abc01f95717704b0e77a9

This is what it ends up looking like when the animation is played.
https://gyazo.com/f2283eaa00d173a80aa325c773d8a865

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

I don’t see what’s the problem here? Could you please elaborate on what’s not right? Thanks.

1 Like

Seems like the torso doesn’t do a 360 spin as intended but instead just kind of like hits some sort of void.
Related to the topic, I think it’s happening because the default tool holding animation for R6 for some reason uses the torso when only the arm is needed.

1 Like

Yeah I have this problem too, I would love it if someone would help us. It seems like the rotation does not rotate fully, but only half the original value. Except I used R16 and this error still occurs. I hate it because my game uses precise hitboxes and the animations are making me go bonkers.

1 Like

Same can someone please help us…

Yeah it doesn’t fully spin 360 degrees as it intended to.

I checked your video frame by frame, and it messes up on the first second of playing the animation. And I checked my animation, whenever there is a big movement, BOOM ruined my whole career.

May I see the similar issue you have?

My other theory on this is that Roblox only calculates from -360 degrees to 360 degrees and it resets when you do a complete 360. What i’d do in this case is make some “halfway through the spin” keyframes to make it fully spin.

Welp, OBS decided to not work. But I realized that this error occurred because I was holding a tool. Without the tool the animation worked perfectly

So you’re saying without holding a tool it works?

Nvm i’ve tried the “without the tool” solution but it still never worked.

I don’t really get any issue with rotating the torso 360 degree? (both with and without tool)
https://streamable.com/kke41

Please ensure that:

• your animation is set to Action
  • there is no other Action animation playing

I can’t really figure out your issue cause it works fine for me. If you do think that it’s your animation’s fault, could you provide me of your animation file so I could test it out myself and figure it out?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the animation’s fault. But, I kind of found a solution. I keyed every single thing no matter if it moved or not, and it started working WITH the tool(I only keyed everything for the limbs I used)

if this doesn’t work, then I don’t know.

The tool looks messed up because by default a tool is welded to your hand using a normal weld while animations use motor6d welds to move parts (have a look at the linked post)

As for the second problem, I belive it is because roblox doesnt deal with your character turning 360 degrees well. I would try splitting the animation into 2 parts, running the first part then physically turning the character in game 180 degrees to do the second part, but I wouldnt try this solution until I could confirm there is no easier way to do it.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the exact same problem that I had, I solve it by reanimating it. I kinda doubt this happen because of the EasingDirection between a certain keyframe.

1 Like