Animation not replicating

I’m having issues with a custom Animate script. I made it so the animation ID’s are easy to edit, and the script handles walk, idle, jump, climb and fall animation changes in real-time. Everything works fine, except for some reason the walking animation does not replicate.

CustomAnimate.rbxm (9.0 KB)

I’ve tried adding the script to the character on te server-side, but no dice. I’ve got no idea how to fix this right now.

1 Like

I think it is because the game may not function properly but sometime will do that but if there still same that mean there was issues with animation program that cannot been load.

I’m afraid that this is not helpful. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah maybe you ask the staff about it

There is something finicky about your implementation.

Upon closer inspection of the video, the characters will move their legs while coming to a complete stop after walking on the ground, suggesting that it is partially replicating.

How exactly do you handle the replication in your animate script?

AnimationTrack:Play always replicates. Whether done on the server or locally. I simply call AnimationTrack:Play() to replicate it.

I’ve found the solution to my problem, though. Here’s my analysis:

If no Animate script is in game game:GetService('StarterPlayer').StarterCharacterScripts, the game will automatically assign an Animate script, based on whether you use R15 or R6. Originally, I fetched the R15 Animate script from an R15 play session, and wanted to use this on the R6 character. I changed some of the code so that I could re-assign certain animations in real-time, without having to do the old …

Animate.Disabled = true
for _ , track in pairs (Humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
  track:Stop()
  track:Destroy()
end
Animate.Disabled = false

… trick. Though, for some reason, this didn’t work for the walk animation. It didn’t work as expected. Why this doesn’t work, I’ve yet to figure out. I’ve tried several times to get it to function, but with no luck.

Eventually I thought of whether the old R6 characters use an older, outdated Animate script, and sure enough, they do. So I ran an R6 test session, fetched the R6 Animate script, tested its replication and this worked as expected. I tried to apply the same changes to this older, outdated script, and I got this to work fluently and perfectly as I wanted.

The bug is now fixed for me, but I still wonder why the different Animate scripts aren’t backwards compatible with other rig types. Specifically, why they work locally, but do not replicate properly. If anyone figures that out, or has information on it, feel free to post it here.

3 Likes