Animations sometimes fail to import

For some reason, about 50% of the time when trying to load an animation in my game it simply never loads. This is a huge issue as it is preventing me from…well, creating my game. I don’t know what’s left for me to try. Yes, I created both the animations and the game. No, it’s not a group game, both belong to my account.

It is worth noting that I seem to have this same issue when trying to import animations in the animator, giving me the error “Animation was not imported. You do not have ownership of animation with the selected ID” even though I clearly do own said animation, FWIW.

Well, you can’t use other people animations
Try copying them / import their animation into your studio and save it so you will own it.

I created the animations myself. I’m not trying to use other people’s animations.

That seems to be specific to Roblox created animations, not user created ones. And also doesn’t cover the fact that they don’t work in-game sometimes either.

Are you just not able to import animations?
Send me the animation loader script you are using

Minimum reproducible example StarterCharacterScript:

wait(1)
local animator = script.Parent.Humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator")
local animation = Instance.new("Animation", script)
animation.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://13697407384"
animator:LoadAnimation(animation):Play()

Update: it doesn’t seem to happen when I’m on a VPN?? (I tested a bunch of times but due to the inconsistent nature of it I can’t be 100% sure ever)
Does roblox just hate me?