Announcing general availability of Open Cloud OAuth 2.0

Sure, my fault for the misunderstanding. I really can’t say much more as the time I did spend using it was months ago and I did eventually end up figuring it out after trying the posted npm packages to no avail. I’m not really sure what the end goal would be, but I think having a npm package for passport oauth might be helpful?

1 Like

Idk much about uploading assets onto the platform but the program i was using just broke and idk what to do about it

string assetId = response_2Json[“response”][“assetId”].ToString(); // this returns null

1 Like

I’ve been getting a strange error that only appears on mobile. When using a desktop the application it works fine, but when using a mobile device I get an error message related to “routerParamInvalidError”, I got zero clue what it wants me to change, especially when it only happens on mobile devices.

I looked through the URLs that are generated by my code and the query parameters seem perfectly fine, and are completely valid on desktop devices.

Here is an example of a link with a localhost redirection that when used, for me at least, produces the same error:

https://apis.roblox.com/oauth/v1/authorize?client_id=5462613672808992992&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A3000%2Fverify%2Froblox&scope=openid%20profile&response_type=code&code_challenge=U9sPPkMNL6lxYoLJc2dniTho5fuMcKklwr9w6b68Yhw&code_challenge_method=S256&state=743190548285751406

Hi there, I opened up this url on mobile and I did not get any errors. Can you provide repro steps? Which browser is this on?

1 Like

The link is opened on google, and with an apple iPhone 12, the link is also open from the discord app. I tested it myself a little bit ago and also realized that it works fine when pasted into the search bar, but opening the link removes most of everything except the client id. The URL weirdly only has certain parameters removed and transforms it into this link that is seen in the search bar: https://authorize.roblox.com/?client_id=5462613672808992992 (Note the lack of query parameters). It could potentially be an issue with discord now that I have looked into it more, but you never know. The discord app says that it is opening the full link with all the needed queries, however it is far different from where it is actually going.

This sounds like it’s outside of our control since on our end we are only receiving the client_id parameter so correctly throwing an error in this case as the expected parameters are not all there. We can do a better job on the error message though and call out more specifically what is wrong.

If Discord is actually opening the wrong link (not incl. all parameters), that sounds like a Discord issue rather than a Roblox-side issue, and would recommend taking it up with them. Please let us know if you find specific repro steps to indicate this would somehow be an issue for Roblox to solve though.

Some of our users get this error when attempting to sign in. Is this intentional or a bug?

Edit: seems only 13+ accounts are allowed to sign in? Is this necessary for the profile scope?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.