Annoying property behaviour with decimals

After the new update, studio will automatically show .000 decimals following any assigned float value in the properties panel. The problem with this is that studio also automatically changes any decimals with dots to being part of the full number.

Where I live, we use commas and not dots for decimal seperators, and thus if I type 32,5, studio will change it and show the number as 32.5 in the object’s properties. However, if I type 32.5, studio will for whatever reason change it to 325.

This causes some huge inconveniencies following the latest update, as seen below.

I personally wouldn’t mind using only dot as a decimal seperator, as I am used to this from many programs such as Maple.

6 Likes

And the weird part is that “compound values”, e.g. Vector3s like MaxForce, force to use a dot instead of a comma, which is weird as regular float values force us to use a comma

As discussed in this thread, studio should probably both parse and display using . as the decimal separator.

I always have similar problems to this – please force Studio to always use dot representation regardless of locale, if possible.

2 Likes