Anti-cheat help

Hey besties! I’m currently terrified because there is a hacker in my game who has managed to get admin in hd admin and is unbannable. It starting by him making a tiktok of him hacking my game and he tagged me with the caption “my game now…”. I can’t ban him and he has access to my hd admin. This is scaring me and I would like to know if anybody has any solution (plug in and play, no effort preferably).

1 Like

You possibly have a server-sided backdoor.

4 Likes

LOL. You probably used a malicious copy of HD Admin. Just remove it from your game. Also consider checking this thread for more information on the topic.

2 Likes

I checked and it is the one with over 50k upvotes.

Can you send a link? Also it could just be botted.

yes heres the link: HD Admin - Roblox

Then you have a server-sided backdoor. The person can execute anything they want inside the game.

Also, something to note is a week ago I did use a virus checker and found a lot of backdoors that I removed. The problem is when I did that, it also removed some important scripts for things like teleport doors, etc.

I suck at coding. Its just a hangout game, but I notice people trying to hack in it all the time. Is there just a simple thing I can plug in? I just develop for fun

You probably have a serversided backdoor inside your game, check all of your scripts using CTRL + SHIFT + F and search for the following:

getfenv,
require,
reverse,
RoSync

Can you send me the link of the virus checker? Some of them have malicous code inside them.

Then consider checking the information on the linked thread. You might have a malicious plugin that is injecting code into your own scripts.

I heavily suspect you have some malicious plugin doing as I described because this “virus remover” seemed to remove your own code (which would likely not include any malicious code–or anything that is deemed malicious code by the creator of the plugin)

Consider trying any “trusted” plugins that can scan your scripts for you–but don’t expose yourself to new threats on accident.

Try running the code below in command bar to see if any scripts are using getfenv or using require. These are not necessarily “malicious” functions but depending on their usecase it can be an issue.

for i, v in pairs(game:GetDescendants()) do
	pcall(function()
		if v:IsA("LuaSourceContainer") then
			if v.Source:match("getfenv") or v.Source:match("require") then
				print(v:GetFullName())
			end
		end
	end)
end

Also consider All Script Search.

Also, I suggest not using HD admin. It is always better to write your own admin which will be more extendable to how you would want it–or consider a good open source alternative like Cmdr

3 Likes

Make a script with a table containing all of the players who are bad, then it will kick them if they are in the table. Shutdown the game so when they go to join it will kick them and they can’t do anything about it.

1 Like

Anti-hack & “no effort” do not go hand in hand.

Nothing at all against HD admin, but by using an admin/ban script that you did not make yourself you will be more limited in the control that you have over your game.

To stop him immediately you can add a username blacklist to your game in a server script.

local Blacklist = {
	["ExampleName1"] = true,
	["ExampleName2"] = true
}

game:GetService("Players").PlayerAdded:Connect(function(p)
	if Blacklist[p.Name] then
		p:Kick('You are banned from joining this server.')
	end
end)

They will still be able to join on alternate accounts. You can insert this code into already existing servers through f9 console. Biggest lesson to take is that writing your own admin code will always be a better option because you can allow it to only have specific commands.

1 Like

Exploiters most times make alt accounts to prevent bans, so it may take a while having to ban every single one of them.

It would be a temporary fix to help keep your player base while you delete back doors.

2 Likes

heres the link GameGuard Anti Virus V2 [ALPHA] - Roblox

1 Like

Remove the HD admin then, also ban the exploiter/hacker somehow I guess

1 Like

Also, if anybody knows. Is there a vote ban or vote kick system? What I’m really worried about is people enjoying their game and then somebody comes in and starts harassing them.

1 Like

I know there is a vote kick system, but now exactly how to do it

I’ve seen that anti-virus plugin before, it doesn’t have any viruses (to what ive heard) so it’s probably not what that is causing this virus.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t delete the detected virus right away, correct me if I’m wrong.

There are some free model anti votekicks, like this one that I found from youtube but it’s about 11 months old.
https://www.roblox.com/library/5304560570/Votekick
( i hate how it allows you to kick the owner )

2 Likes