Any Tips On Building With Terrain?

So I have decided I want to do the building challenge just for fun do not care if I win or lose it is just for the expierience the topic is ravine so I am just wondering if you have any tips on building with terrain??

There are many tutorials on YouTube that I have personally used for terrain. This video was really helpful for me for learning good, basic terrain practices. This video talks about it, but I want to stress the importance of using a brush plugin for painting stuff like trees, rocks, bushes, everything that makes the land feel more complete. These brushes make the placement feel a lot more natural and it’s a really quick way of adding a touch more of the realism you’re searching for.

4 Likes

Thank you I am suprised someone finally helped me as this has been up for almost 24 hours

There are many methods for creating terrain, from my knowledge using real life, landscapes and different terrain designs is a good way to find inspiration and to get general ideas on what type of terrain you wanting to create or go about. Playing around with certain styles and see what suits your liking.

Learning the basics and tools are a good way to start, so you could get comfortable with the tools you have different selections and tools to go about this whether using materials generating terrain and playing around with it so on and so forth.

It’s good to start with flat, smooth terrain just so you can draw on and play around with the tools before jumping into creating realistic terrain designs, I recommend drawing your layout just so you could have an idea on how you want it to look like. Using images are good for finding an overall design your wanting.

Here is a helpful tutorial that can come in handy for getting started or just starting out:

3 Likes