Any way for your web host to retrieve the PlaceId of the place that gave it a POST Request?

You could do a check to see if the Server is valid by checking against the Server List API and utilizing Game.JobId to uniquely identify each Server Instance

API:
https://www.roblox.com/games/getgameinstancesjson?placeId=1667743871&startindex=0

Replace PlaceId and you’ll need to be authenticated on ROBLOX to access the API. Checking against this API is what I personally do with my bot to ensure a server is valid + additional authentication.

2 Likes

I think I figured it out. You’re referring to the game’s JobId, correct? This looks like a good way of keeping it secure. Thanks!

Thank you to everyone else as well :slight_smile:

Isn’t the JobId DataModel unique to each individual game server? I don’t understand, how would that help security?

It helps because it’s unique, and you can validate authenticy of the server by checking it against ROBLOX itself. This ensures the Server isn’t being spoofed when utilizing your APIs.

edit:
You can also use this to check to see if the Server is still active every so often, further preventing spoofing incase of an attempt to spoof an old ServerJobId.

Oh, I see.