Any way to force RTHRO? (SOLVED)

I’m attempting to force Rthro avatar mesh and texture overlays when players spawn to maintain consistency and aesthetic but MeshId is scripting restricted (read only). Is there a character mesh equivalent for RTHRO? Game Settings>Avatar doesn’t suggest so but I could have missed an obvious solution. Thanks.

You can put the base character you would like them to have in a folder in one of the storages and then set them to that character on spawn. Lots of different methods you can use.

2 Likes

Do you mean like forcing proportions to Rthro, or just changing the packages the players are wearing?

You can force Rthro proportions (and meshes?) in Game Settings → Avatar by choosing the Rthro preset. You can also manually set the proportions and the mesh IDs from this menu.

RobloxStudioBeta_2018-10-31_07-22-58

RobloxStudioBeta_2018-10-31_07-23-06

6 Likes

Replace the characters parts, tons of games do it. Just requires a bit of scripting, you can even make you own rig it up then put it in.

1 Like

As far as I know, you’re able to force all players to use a specific package and scaling proportions, but you can’t whitelist Rthro packages for wear only. This has to be manually set up.

1 Like

Not through game settings, no. But you can detect Rthro or not at runtime by reading the AvatarPartScaleType value object on body parts: Non-Rthro will have “Classic”, Rthro will have type “ProportionsNormal” or “ProportionsSlender”, which tell you whether the part was built intending to be used at BodyProportionType or 0 or 1 respectively.

4 Likes

Thanks for the solutions, I used the StarterCharacter, StarterHumanoid method, it had a small issue with the animation script but copying one from Lighting solved it.

3 Likes

Sure thing, mark solution if your issue is solved.

1 Like

Mark it as solved using the check mark button not changing the title lol.

1 Like

Do as Vineyard said with the check below the solution post.

Not trying to nitpick, just let you know

5 Likes