Any way to get around the HTTP throttle?

Even if it is super hacky, is there a way that I can send more than 500 requests a minute? Even if its only a few more requests.

Why would you need to send more than 500 requests?
I’m pretty sure it’s at 500 for a very good reason.

3 Likes

I am creating a custom game server for Roblox (which I tried to open source but the request was denied :roll_eyes:). I want to send more requests to get a smoother effect.

Edit: It is only a proof of concept and not meant for real games, dont scram at me

What exactly are you firing with the http request? I just want a clear understanding.

1 Like

This wouldn’t be for experimenting how well the http service handles DDoS attacks would it?
:sweat_smile:

Joking aside, there may not be a way around the limit, however if you tell us what you’re trying to accomplish, someone may have a suggestion to optimise what you’re doing?

3 Likes

No. If there is, then it’s probably a bug.

What are you trying to do? Making more request might not be the best solution to your problem.

3 Likes

You can read about what I was making there. Unfortunately the request for it to be moved to Community Resources was denied.

So this is what you need to bypass the throttle for?

Yeah, something like sockets would be better for what you’re doing, not HTTP requests :frowning:

1 Like

No, that is fine and using that + tweening gives a smooth effect. I want more requests so movements are more sharp, etc.

Yeah, hopefully something like that is on the roadmap.

I don’t think you’ll be seeing that implemented any time soon. The proposition was shutdown back in 2016.

1 Like

I mean, it would be a cool idea. My AI could function better with quicker web sources. But hey, long as http is secure (which for the most part it is with some extra security measures met i.e. 3 way handshake) i dont really have a problem without it being over 500.

Also @grilme99 simply create a buffer overflow for requests that dont get sent right away, as in like a encrypted json file which your website can easily and securely decode which you server can then respond with another encrypted json file which can then be decoded and translated into game applications, whatever you are attempting to do. Thats how i got my chatbot API to work without throttling. Sure there is some delay, but for the most part its quite efficient.

1 Like

Buffering requests won’t work for this since the request rate will always be >500/min and it has to be in real-time. The buffer will never stop growing and it wouldn’t be in real-time anymore.

1 Like

Lets just take the google cloud platform and bring it down to us, there is always fog you know.

1 Like

I mean yes, that is true, there would be some latency to it for a consent 3 way handshake. But hey, you technically get more than 500 requests with it.

In some cases you could offload some of the requests to another server you own. For example, you could setup a server that has your game’s special information on it and it pretty much autonomously sends requests and receives responses from other servers. This is the best solution, but isn’t always possible.

If you don’t care for latency, then you can send almost as many messages your heart desires. You simply collect all messages for 1/500th of a minute (every 120 ms) and send them in one batch to your proxy server. Your server can then send all the messages to their intended recipients and in response to the next batch of requests send the received responses. The result is a 240 ms minimum latency connection, but with the number of messages only limited by their size. If you don’t care for the responses then this is a 120 ms latency one-way connection.