Any way to make realistic graphics?

So, I’m doing some stuff for fun, making good shading and graphics for whatever I’d use it for in the future. I’m trying to make stencil shadows but, it is jagged if it moves to an angle. I’d like to know how I could get rid of this problem as it’s annoying for people trying to make the same thing. Is removing this possible? I’ve seen clonetrooper talk about it on reddit or something. I don’t know how to replicate the same though, only shadowsoftness to 0 makes it jagged.

If so, this will be useful for me and others. Good day.

1 Like

Hey Krypton. Yes you can make realistic graphics. It all depends on what type of graphics you are talking about. I make realistic GFX through blender and I model and design everything I use. Here is an example.

The way I found out how to do this is just by practicing, finding tutorials and finding people with more experience to guide you along the way. Having a feel and knowing how to use all aspects of your program is key to making good graphics. Hope this helped

6 Likes

Looks amazing infact. I’m waiting for F.I.B 3.0 to release, so I can make PBR; something useful for quality. Will try.

I’d suggest finding some alternatives until it gets released. FIB 3.0 is expect to release sometime around October - December this year.

3 Likes

I’m not good at blender, which makes me a sad boi.

1 Like

Use shadowmap lighting, and the new skybox reflection properties under lighting (I forgot what they’re called). Also you can use the SunRaysEffect object and enable decoration under Terrain. But a lot of realistic things won’t be added until later this year, if you look at the roadmap you’ll see them.

What do you mean by roadmap, hopefully I know about this already otherwise I’m a goldfish.

Here: Looking Forward in 2020: This Year's Developer Roadmap
It shows what will be added to Roblox this year.

1 Like

No there isn’t anyway to get rid of this issue, the point of future is bright phase 2 was supposed to have soft shadows. Also, you might be refering to him using older versions of Future Is Bright on github where the shadows weren’t as soft and more hard.

Realistic graphics could be achieved via meshes, textures, lighting and smaller parts to give off the smaller details. I will warn you about using the parts as they will use up more memory in the game, which will then cause the game itself to lag. Meshes, textures and lighting shouldn’t really emit any lag, unless you add thousands of meshes to your game.