Any way to tween size with multiple particle effect?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m trying to increase the size of my particle like a tween

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’ve been searching but no real way has been found

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I’ve been looking at the developer forum all topics related.

You can actually tween the size of a ParticleEmitter with no scripts at all! Just using a numberSequence.

You can configure the NumberSequence of a ParticleEmitter Size by clicking the 3 dots next to the particleEmitter size in the properties menu. (See photo)

Then this box pops up, and you can be very creative with this, allowing for multiple boxes to be created, envelopes added for randomness, there’s a lot to be done.

I hope this is what you were asking about. If you’re asking about the scripting side of it, you can see more information on this here: NumberSequence | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

what if i want it to happen at a specific time?

I’m not sure I understand.

You can manually set the Size of the particleEmitter with a script if you want…

local ParticleEmitter = game.Workspace.Part.ParticleEmitter

-- Set size of the ParticleEmitter to 2
ParticleEmitter.Size = 2

in the example I sent above, you can easily dictate when the size is changed based on the ParticleEmitter’s lifetime. The graph gives you the ability to say when the size is changed and at what time in reference to the ParticleEmitter’s Lifetime

The particle has too short of a time for what I’m trying to pull off that’s why I’m trying to tween the size through a script.

In this it has the particle shrink down and stay at a constant size afterwards

1 Like

just use tweenservices to tween the size of it

TweenService:Create(OBJECT, TWEEN_INFO, GOAL):Play

im pretty sure tween service doesnt work with particles since its number sequence

well here I found a forum post about Tweening Number Sequences module as a substitute since yep number sequences can’t be tweened

1 Like

But the size ‘graph’ is the time length of the Particle. You can put multiple points in there to increase/decrease it’s size at whatever time points you want, or decrease it from it’s starting size to a smaller size and stay there just like your video.