Anyone have a guess as to why my ragdoll's limbs go can-collide false?

I destroy all of the Motor6D’s in my ragdoll, leaving all of the premade constraints to do their work. Before rag dolling, I disable every humanoid state except for physics, and explicitly set the current state to physics. The rag doll’s root part is deleted, and its primary part is replaced with its upper torso.

Based on the timing of the humanoids reaction, I can only assume it is a state trying to come out of physics state (even though physics is permanent until changed.), and set the limbs back to can collide false as they usually are. But with all states disabled, I don’t really know what is going on.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 6.45.03 PM Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 6.45.10 PM

Just take a guess as to what is going on please.

EDIT: After searching through all scripts, I have found no other function counteracting the humanoid state setting.

EDIT2: I decided to try and print any state changes of the ragdoll, and heres what I got. Somehow, the Ragdoll is changing from physics, which cannot be exited automatically, to FallingDown, despite it being disabled beforehand.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 7.02.44 PM

???

1 Like

The humanoid must be removed…

Clothes will not work anymore. It needs to stay in.

Is it atached to a players character?

No, it is it’s own clone of the character, entirely separated from the player.

Try changing the can collide on the render stepped

That sounds like a hack. There could be a lot of ragdolls at once, so this isn’t practical. There has to be a solvable cause to this issue, I just need to root it out.

1 Like

In the video what I noticed is that it only happens when they touch the ground.

I resorted to duplicating the limbs, renaming them, and then parenting them to their appropriate limb so that collisions could occur.

I’m beginning to think this is an engine issue. I have no idea what is causing this. When I don’t disable the states, I can use StateChanged to print the new state and see what the humanoid is doing. When I disable the states, the same behavior occurs, but no prints.

Mind you, the can collide false limbs occur exactly when the state changes from Physics to FallingDown. ( WHICH SHOULDNT BE POSSIBLE @#&$%#!! )

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 7.02.44 PM

To my knowledge; regardless of what state is enabled/disabled, the humanoid will do the following;

• Force ‘limb’ parts to be non-cancollide
  • Force the head + torso part(s) to be cancollide
  • Allows the humanoid root part to be whatever.

If you want to make these parts collidable, I’d suggest making a collision-copy, which is just a duplicate part attatched to itself, with the collision group disabled for itself.

1 Like

What’s weird is, I changed the order of operations in my code, and now it happens less often. It still happens, but not the majority of the time.