[Appears Fixed] Tools randomly disappearing

Critical bugs:

• A reproducible crash (game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
  • Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistance)
  • Exploits

It’s a big issue, but not ROBLOX_CRITICAL as it’s defined.

From the bug reporting document:

Critical bugs
If you have a critical bug that urgently needs to be investigated, start your post with the phrase “ROBLOXCRITICAL”. This is used to alert admins right away to the issue. A critical bug must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:

• A reproducible crash (game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
  • Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistance)
  • Exploits
2 Likes

Okay, but almost every top game is broken. That’s critical. I don’t care how its defined.

5 Likes

tru

Call it game-breaking then because that’s what it is and being pedantic about terminology doesn’t un-break games

6 Likes

Is it still happening now? A certain flag was enabled a while ago that I suspected was related, and it was turned off not too long after this thread was made.

There, since apparently it isn’t Roblox critical, I marked it as gamebreaking instead.

1 Like

Four of us are currently working on this issue. We will let you know status as we troubleshoot it. We have a reproduce case and are working to find the exact change that is the root cause.

11 Likes

This issue should be resolved now.

8 Likes

Based on the wording of the how-to bug report thread it sounds like there’s a corporate process for handling bugs marked as ROBLOX_CRITICAL that engineers have to follow. It may look something like this:

As in they absolutely have to unmark as ROBLOX_CRITICAL if it doesn’t specifically meet the defined criteria by orders from higher up. As CodeWriter mentioned they have four engineers working on the issue, so that’s not to say that non-ROBLOX_CRITICAL = unimportant.

1 Like

Stop.

Thanks CodeWriter!

7 Likes

Excuse me?

Okay gonna go ahead and stop that before it begins

If the issue pops back up make a new thread

6 Likes