AquaMod // New Mod Tools for Your Game

admin3 = "noob".
Okay this deserves a code review.

So, apparently it warns you and kicks you out?
I think I’m confused.

Additionally, the model has no OOP and is entirely tiny scripts, like this one:

script.Parent.Active = true
script.Parent.Draggable = true
script.Parent.Selectable = true

Also, the script has an error when there isn’t an admin, and it should be in table format. I’m not really sure how good the system is in terms of security.

The UI looks like an updated version of UIAdmin 2.1, and it’s harder to use. Having a large mod button like this won’t cut it for my standards. Maybe I’m just not a fan of admin panels.

To top it all off, I suggest this being in a MainModule so it can be automatically updated in case of a security vulnerability. I recently just fixed a command bar vulnerability in BaseAdmin that I didn’t even know about!

3 Likes

Do not use this.
Forget that there’s no protection, everything here is client-sided.
All the Installer does is put the ScreenGui into all players’ GUIs (0 protection), and if they are considered moderators it will automatically kick them off the games.

5 Likes

Stupid system “downloaded local copies of files” and literally killed them.

Yep, looked through it myself and there is absolutely no protection. It’s a simple remote event, not checked if fired by a moderator or anything. Please do not use this, as you can very easily exploit it.

These are the only scripts:

Kick and warn player does as they say, kick or warn the player, but inside both scripts there aren’t any checks to see if a moderator fired it:

The script that allows the mods to use it just enables the panel.

It’s just a question lmao, they weren’t bashing the creator? The original post is extremely vague so there isn’t much you can really get from it tbh

Most admin systems that I have seen already have a ban from server feature.

2 Likes

could you tell us what this can do exactly? like list of all commands, and stuff

I think this is a “ok” start, however the code definitely needs to be re-made, and having everything on the client side makes it super easy for exploiters to tamper with. Make sure it’s in the server so that way exploiters can’t screw around with things. Another suggestion is to have protection, as other users may of stated above as clearly if there isn’t any protection, any exploiter can get the remote events, figure out the parameters and just abuse it. You have to add protection to make sure exploiters can’t fool the scripts. If you need help you can look at my admin panel and the scripts inside to help you make your admin panel better right here: SR Admin Panel Version 1.3

5 Likes

After reviewing the code more, I realized the remotes have no protection. Literally any exploiter can come in and kick someone! I guess I didn’t have enough time to review it all last time.

I recommend fixing this in the next update.

A temporary, quite outdated alternative to this would most likely be UIAdmin 2.1, since it relies on the server for almost everything.

What does this mean?

The OP provided a resource, the alternatives that are available too but have different functionality. Both you and @maaapizza have valid points here. For example, an alternative to this would be RoMod or UIAdmin, but they differ in features. UIAdmin 2.1 doesn’t support warning the user yet but this resource does, but RoMod can do cross-server live ban syncing. Again, the more resources, the better. Would you like it if there was just one YouTube video about Roblox since the others would be considered “alternatives”?

2 Likes

It means that system wanted to kill the picture size of the document icon and the download icon

1 Like

This really is a cheaply-made mod system which I do NOT recommend for using this for the following reasons:

• First, as stated by intergravitation, it is easily exploitable and literally has zero protection.
  • Warning doesn’t work. Just appears to try and kick a player from the server
  • The ban option only kicks the player from the server, it doesn’t add it to a DataStore, meaning the player just can join back.

Also the UI looks horrible. You have to re-do this from scratch since this is a horrible system.

2 Likes

Please tell me this post is satire, the topic design itself was so good until i readed the scripts

1 Like

i see someone trying to headbash the creator again

Cmon, no need to say that (and the ui does NOT look terrible, i’m not much of a UI designer), you could’ve just said “I dont think the UI looks good in my opinion.” Literally, is it that easy to headbash a creator who did his best?

What am i typing here

1 Like

Yeah, I just did my research and there’s definitely room for improvement.

1. There’s nothing happening on the server

All the server knows to do is kick players via a RemoteEvent which is extremely unsecure. Anybody can go in and fire that remote event and now you can kick players

1. Poor Exploit Detection

Literally. Anybody can become an admin by adding themselves to the script, then rejoining. The exploiter is now an admin.

1. Literally doesn’t work

“Warn” doesn’t work and it seems like it’s trying to kick me?

I’d also like to point out the “Ban from server” probably doesn’t work for more then 2 people.

1. Off center + lack of corner rounding

It’s highly off centered and the corners aren’t rounded. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it would be better off. Also, make the mod tools button smaller by a ton.
“Tools” also is completely inconclusive, please explain what it does

1. Generally bad UI/UX

What is this?

This has a completely separate theme as well.

That’s all of my feedback.

No hurt feelings here by the way, it’s just honest feedback.

Also, you should give reasons why to pick this over competition. And also, fix everything I pointed out. Then more people would want ot use it. Make sure most resources here are more polished before releasing it.

9 Likes

I’m not sure the X button background is gone and the google icons are stretched…

I was gonna change it to black because it hurt my eyes last time so congrats to you for finding the other theme.

.It counts the tools. I would make them live but that would take some time

1 Like

This is such a long & tedious way of adding administrators, just simply have a config file or use a command & DataStoreService to handle it.

please admit your topic is satire there is no way you are serious

3 Likes

Okay, yeah. There might be some bugs with it.
For only you, there is no black Borders and the X backgrounds are gone.

stop trying to admit my topic is satire its a “resource” not “satire for you to flag it”

Hello, sorry for the bump but is this officially discontinued, or has it been updated and improved since the 16th of October?

This is MAYBE discontinued, from what i see this sucks

I can redo the UI for you I’m decent at UI (I’ll do for free) So if you can do some command revamp ill help you out on securing the UI and making it look better.

2 Likes