(Archive) This doesn't work anymore - How to disable the Roblox Desktop app (Windows Only)

What I’m asking is how you lobotomised RobloxPlayerLauncher. Were one of the binary strings changed from within the exeuctable?

It should be mentioned that 1’s README, which was last updated an hour before your post, states: “Note: This will not work for version-d3bea54eff824cef. That version has Roblox beta fully forced.”
(version-d3bea54eff824cef is the current client version)

Additionally, as of this current point in time, my solution remains fully functional, with the added bonus of not having to run in the background to achieve the desired result.

1 Like

(The following statement is true, but didn’t correctly address my question). My version hash is version-d3bea54eff824cef and I’m still enrolled in the control group (i.e., the legacy version). Would you be able to explain how you modified the launcher? If it’s on GitHub: “source or it didn’t happen”.

Does it go back to the beta version if Roblox updates? I know that some things such as shaders have to be reenabled after Roblox updates.

Seems to be outdated. No longer works.

1 Like

There is a very slight chance, that they will add an option to turn it off if they realize that they can’t run advertisements in the app. But it’s far more likely that roblox will not care in the slightest, like every single time.

You a real one bro, much love!

1 Like

I “removed” it after running roblox as admin once, then i didnt get it anymore

1 Like

I made simple chrome extension to automatically disables it (not by registry method), you can find source code and installation steps from here:

This should work for further updates unless roblox patches it.

10 Likes

I really would appreciate it if this extension would be converted to Firefox addon. This is promising though

(can confirm myself the script is safe and won’t cause any harm as it just changes HTML content (or more correctly replaces it with it’s own iframe)

1 Like

Same here. I’m not an expert in this kind of scripts, so I’m not sure either if there’s a way to directly put the scripts from GitHub into a script addon for Firefox (such as Violentmonkey)?

I’ve tried it, but so far no succes.

1 Like

I think problem is firefox engine loading content even after iframe was deleted.
I’ll think for workaround.

Can’t put it in Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey, unless the website supports jQuery (which THANKFULLY it does)

If you can’t get that to work you can try my beta app fix.

I’ve tried this, but it still seems to redirect me to the app after leaving a game, could it be that this was patched?

It’s working currently. You must’ve grabbed the previous update’s launcher before I

2 Likes

Okay yeah, checked and tried again and it does indeed work now.
Thanks for the help and my apologies for the confusion!

1 Like

change it to “InBrowser”, that’s what I did

cc @vvv331 @i_LeviC
I added support for tampermonkey, if you have tampermonkey extension installed already you can install directly from here: https://github.com/RobloxDevs/Roblox-InApp-Disable/raw/main/window.user.js

3 Likes

Refer to post 29: