Arcwise Game Programmer Portfolio

About Me

Hey there! I’m Arcwise (Jonathan), formerly known as EchoZenkai, a 22-year-old videogame developer from the UK! I’m an adept programmer and love to work the craft, all of which stems from picking up Roblox and learning Lua back in 2008. I love learning, and I understand that I don’t know everything but I’m able to recognise my weaknesses and add them to my list of things to work on.

I studied Games Technology at Coventry Unversity from 2016 to 2020. (I’ll update this section when I’ve received my grade)

I’ve worked on a vast number of projects, some of which have millions of engagements, and others never seeing the light of day, however, each and every project curated me into the developer I am today.

Achievements

• Roblox Summer 2018 & 2019 Accelerator
  • 2nd place Gamejam 2018 winner
  • 2019 Roblox Egg Hunt Programmer
  • 2017 Roblox Halloween Event Programmer
  • A collective total of over 40 million user engagements

Skills

As mentioned I’m a programmer not limited to one skill. My skills are as follows (but not limited to):

• Back-end security, networking, and framework programming
  • Front-end UI programming
  • OOP
  • Rojo & Git
  • Mathematical Knowledge
  • Roact
  • Network simulations

Languages:

• Lua
  • C#
  • C++
  • Python
  • PHP

Projects

Oh where to begin…
Below are a few projects I’ve worked on recently. Not all are listed.

2022 Combat Warriors

Towards the end of 2022 I had the privilege of creating the boss fight system for Combat Warriors along with a number of weapons, and cosmetics for the game.

2022 Anime Warriors Revamp

The revamp introduced the addition of PvP to anime warriors and a completely renewed look for PvE.

Once again, I managed the project, and worked on both the entire game’s backend (besides AI systems) and UI.

PvP Gameplay - 10:57
PvE Gameplay - 17:15

2021 Boundless

Lead developer & sole programmer. Boundless has been postponed indefinitely.

2021 Anime Warriors

Designed and programmed the game’s entire backend (besides AI system) along with its UI and frontend hooks & handlers.

2020 Boundless

Boundless is a massive open-world rogue-like game with hundreds of features. I have been the sole programmer since day 1.

Boundless Portfolio

Image from Gyazo

Image from Gyazo

Image from Gyazo

AI Controlled Hostile Ship: Image from Gyazo

Image from Gyazo

Image from Gyazo

And what’s amazing is this is only a small amount of the content coded for Boundless. At 140,000 lines of code large, I have way more to show. Please let me know if you’d like more.

2019 Craftknight Crusaders

Craftknight Crusaders is another large RPG where I was the only programmer.

Gameplay footage:

2019 Egg Hunt Scrambled in Time

Gameplay footage:

2017 Hallows Eve

Gameplay footage:

2018 Dragon Soul

Gameplay footage:

Unique Creations

I’ve also created many unique individual tools like the following:

Ocean System:

Dynamic Job-Running NPCs using GOAP:

These NPCs think and perform tasks related to whatever their state is in correlation to the world’s state.

400 physics simulated NPCs at 60 FPS:

These NPCs run locally on a users client. Objects owned by a close-by client receive physics data from them. They are synced with the server to ensure all players see each NPC in roughly the same place.

A dynamic sound effect modifier:

Interactive sound based on the type of environment you’re in. All calculated in real-time!

Sword in the stone interaction:

Availability

I am available daily for up to 8 hours per day, however, this is negotiable.

Payment

Contracted monthly salary preferred, however, I’m also able to work for hourly pay provided there is a way to log hours.

Contact

You want my contact info? That’s exciting news! You can contact me via the following:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EchoZenkai
Discord: Jon#0004
Or here on the DevForums!

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Chances are that you don’t accept percentages, But if your willing to accept it. Add me on discord: DevFrags#2441. Read the post for more information

Sent a friend request on discord, looking forward to hopefully working with you!

gloows#5680

Hello your work is amazing! I sent you a friend request: strangertingz#1777 I’m extremely interested