Are single-server autosaving freebuilds permitted?

I am considering creating a game that I can only describe as a “Single-server autosaving freebuild”, similar to Personal servers back in 2013.

My only concern is that, since the game is being saved using the Save API to my Inventory, would I suffer consequences over the potentially inappropriate creations of my users?

And a note to those thinking I’m simply re-creating Personal servers: No, I am not. The game I am planning will have features well beyond what Personal servers would have.

3 Likes

I don’t believe you will suffer the consequences, as there are many free build or free draw games that haven’t had anything bad happen to them. There’s Free Draw 2, Draw It, Pixel Art Creator, and many more.

1 Like

Roblox has a safe harbor guideline. It’s why you don’t get banned if your players swear in chat and bypass the filter.

You should implement some mechanism to prevent abuse (especially abuse at scale); e.g. your own mod team, to at least show to Roblox that you’re trying to stop abuse.

Assuming that last reply went over your head, do you have any sort of documentation I can read pertaining to this guideline?

This is an implied guideline.

The games listed as examples do not save assets to the website. If your users are creating inappropriate things ingame and you’re saving them to your account as assets/places using the API, I would be very wary. I would not trust moderation to take this into consideration - they just see inappropriate content under your account.

You can also see this thread for a decent response: