Articulated physics

Hello,
I wonder if this is still possible http://blog.roblox.com/2013/08/exploring-the-possibilities-of-articulated-physics-in-roblox/comment-page-2/
Because this feature will become the mother of vehicle support on roblox, with good physics, easier vehicle dev and much more.

I was so excited when I heard about it and tried it on the game test.
To my mind you should put this in to do list again !

thx

Articulated Physics was stopped when the person who was working on it left. PGS physics is your solution.

oh ok… I’m sad now :c
those new joints looked nice.

Worry not! The PGS will have the features you desire. We promise!

PSG would be the perfect solution to everything if it supported glues so I could make ragdolls.

Glue isn’t really the ideal solution for ragdolls. Ballsocket joints are underway, but I get it, that doesn’t help you right now.

I took it upon myself to fix a ragdoll script by simulating a ballsocket joint by using two hinges. Here’s the result!

That’s… not really accurate.

Articulated physics project explored using a solver that was really good at solving mechanisms. There were two problems with this:
[ul]
[li]It was SLOW. We thought we could solve the performance issues but ultimately on mobile it was nowhere near where we wanted it to be.[/li]
[li]It could not solve collisions.[/li]
[/ul]

The two above issues combined meant that we had to transfer impulses between two solvers at a low frequency, which made interaction between mechanisms and free parts look really bad. The mechanism worked great, the collisions worked great, except when the collisions were between the mechanism and parts…

PGS can solve both joints at contacts at a high enough performance. We will absolutely add joints similar to what we had in articulated physics project - this is one of the things we’re working on now.

Also, glue will be supported by PGS.

@zeuxcg: I was told that at the Maker Faire last year, forgot which admin though. Guess they were wrong then.

I feel stupid for asking this, but what does PGS stand for?

Workspace.PGSSolverEnabled property. The property enables new physics solver that uses Projected Gauss Seidel to solve the LCP that defines the rigid body simulation.

Oh Goody! I love Physics. My current Physics engine a very dumbed down version of soft body dynamics.