As a developer, it's really hard to gain visibility when roblox shadowbans my game

Desktops and laptops are generally far more powerful than mobile devices. A game I made that would’ve crashed computers years ago, now performs just fine (albeit not at max settings) on a bad laptop in my school’s computer lab. I don’t think the same could be said for mobile

I am learning about all this right now. Last night I put Roblox Titanic on mobile (I have samsung s7 so I have been able to playtest it fine), however the average visit time is less than half of computer/desktop so something is obviously wrong. I get group wall comments saying it’s crashed etc. Going to have to take it off mobile or risk being shadow banned, unless it already happened. Then once a new more efficient ship is in the game a few months off that will be a lot less stress on mobile, I hope the shadow ban isn’t applied still. What Sharksie is saying makes total sense, not being able to update roblox that the game’s performance has improved.

I think average visit time being less than PC/console is a given, not necessarily indicative of a larger problem, since mobile players tend to play games for a very short amount of time in general.

But yes I agree, if this Shadow Ban has the effects that we’re talking about, then there should be an ‘appeal’ system in place.

1 Like

Tablets and phone devices can handle MUCH less than the average pc or laptop. Most computers can load most games, most phones can’t load most games.

4 Likes

We appreciate the feedback provided and have since started exposing stats. For crash rates. More on this will be on its way as we continue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.