As the JumpPower increases, certain issues arise

Hello everyone! I’ve been working on game development in Roblox for about 5 months, and I have a serious issue that I need your help with. In my game, I have a “jumppower” value that represents the jumping ability of the player character and it’s a value that the player wants to continuously increase. However, I’m facing some problems as the jumppower value gets higher. These issues include the character automatically jumping again after landing from a jump when the jumppower reaches a certain value like 10000, or the character performing flips when landing on the ground. Another problem is that with high jumppower values, the character can jump through objects that should not be passable under normal circumstances. These issues make my game appear low quality, and I need to solve them, but I have no idea how to do it.

4 Likes

I believe I need to solve this issue by writing a script, so that’s why I opened the topic here.

1 Like

May it be possible for you to provide the script and/or perhaps a video showing the issue?

1 Like

try using jump height instead of jump power because from what I’ve read into and what you have said it sounds like jump power is acting like an exponent for example 5^2. so, I think you would be better of using jump height.

2 Likes

Okey ıt make sense ı’ll try sir thanks

1 Like

Of course i will uplod a video about this problems soon

1 Like

Like u said sir, i choose JumpHeight but my problem is still continues and ı want to show the problem with video
@JuanGamerPlayz_RBLX @realthar

hand please if you go to a topic without knowing the context then you are not going to contribute, a script not the culprit of this is roblox physics.

2 Likes

Yes sir u are right but i thinl there is no way to fix this without script, that’s why ı choose this topic, am ı wrong

1 Like

I am not talking about the category, but what I mean is that you should ask for help from someone who has a lot of experience with humanoids to avoid the problem with physics.

2 Likes

How or where can ı find that person

1 Like

This is a physics issue due to how fast you are going. You might not collide with an object depending on how thin you are, how thin the object is, and how fast you’re going.

Say you’re going 5 studs per frame because you’re going super fast. You won’t collide with objects that are thinner then that because it will not touch the object, even if it may appear to. Physics always runs at 60 or 240 FPS (I forgot which one), so FPS unlockers shouldn’t change this.

To fix the issue, you can make an invisible border to thicken the ceiling without the extra thickness being visible. The humanoid may still fall over because their torso’s pitch is changed quickly.

2 Likes

Falling over is a problem for me, but falling down can be really bad. How can I solve this? I have a lot of invisible walls on the ceiling, should I increase their thickness? Did I understand correctly? Thank you.

The problem of getting through objects as jumppower increases has been resolved thanks to you but I’m still helpless to do somersaults when falling to the ground please help

Disable humanoid.fallingdown and humanoid.ragdoll (2 humanoid states)

basically the solution to this post:

1 Like

Hello, I’m not sure if this will work but you can use

Humanoid:StateChanged(old, new) end)

Check if the NewState is Enum.HumanoidStateType.Landed and save the position, bringing him back to where he falled. I can’t say more on this as this question goes to the Roblox Engine Physics.

1 Like

Thank all of u guys, ı am gretaful, my problem is solved…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.