Ask for my new game (Copyright) problem

hello everyone me again and now can i ask you something about my problem on building i made a enemies and some of the part of my enemies is from meshes from toolbox and i wonder if i’ll get a like copyright problem?

the problem is the torso and head of my models is meshes from toolbox i wanna know if it not okey or what.

here’s some pictures of my models

3 Likes

It depends on what rights the creator of the mesh gives you. Make sure to credit them.

1 Like

how can i do that? and the meshes i use from toolbox is free for everyone but i build my own set up of my model

You could have a ui screen where it shows the names of the people who you got the models from.

1 Like

oh but i dont want to make that :frowning: maybe i’ll just remake the model and use my own. btw thank you so much

If you used only free models to combine something that doesn’t exist yet, you shouldn’t be copyrighted, because they are free models.

4 Likes

really oh :slight_smile: im so happy to read that now i dont have a problem to remake my models :wink:

can i ask you something some how to see if i have copyright?

I disagree.
There are different “asset leaks”, which can cause their users issuing DMCA takedowns on accounts and creations.

1 Like

I say give credit to its respective owner/s, or even ask for permission. You can track down whoever made the model, or at least attempt to find it’s creator by selecting the mesh > open it’s properties > scroll or find the mesh ID > select the ID > https://www.roblox.com/library/``enter ID here`` (If this doesn’t work, feel free to message me and I’ll give you a hand with finding the original owner!)
It’s very important for game creators and groups today to give credit of assets to their respective and rightful owners. This has many advantages! Anyways, I hope you figure something out very soon!
(Also, usually, anything from the toolbox is free - though some assets may contain viruses or be stolen from their original creators. For example, I’ve seen leaked Phantom Forces models in the tool box, sometimes even whole maps are taken. It is important to track down original owners/creators of the asset you want to use before you use them) Have a good day or night!.

Edit: Also, have a look at this forum dedicated to informing you on everything you need to know about copyright: How Not To Get Sued For Copyright - Everything You Need to Know About the New System

2 Likes

A free model, is a free model. As soon as it gets put on the toolbox, the creator is giving everyone rights to use the model (or mesh) in any way they want.

5 Likes

You can put the credits in the game description :grin:

2 Likes

I agree to @FridgeModel. You can give credit to the user who made the model, including their roblox username and model.

EXAMPLE:

HDAdminUnofficial | Creator of the button model, model link: https://www.roblox.com/library/5787243619/3-items-pack

You don’t have to because the creator of the model has agreed that anyone who has an account can use the model in their game. You can though.

If the creator disagreed that anyone that has a model can use the model in their game, you might get copyright striked.

Here is a example of a free model on the website that the creator has agreed that anyone that has a account can use the model in their game:

Here is a example of a model on the website that the creator has disagreed that anyone that has an account can use the model in their game:

No. All free models should be cocpyright-free. After all, free modelsl are for developers to use in their game, so why would they be copyrighted? But some free models are stolen, so make sure the model is by a trusted developer. Free models by ROBLOX are always reliable.

2 Likes

If you get something from the toolbox is free to use it you don,t need to give him creadits (any toolbox object have been poste for people can use ) but also remember that some free models have virus and that might bring problems too your game.

1 Like

The toolbox provides free models.
Uploading something to the toolbox gives everyone the right to use it free of charge or any copyright.

If it’s something small like a simple mesh or if you edit a small model enough I wouldn’t give credit, but for anything significant or big it’s just a gentleman’s thing.

1 Like

when inserting a free model into your game open the “Explorer” window tab thing and
search “Script” inspect all the scripts and if they have a weird name like “ProperGr�mmerNeededInPhilosiphalLocations;insertNoobHere” or “�” or just “ProperGr�mmer” then delete it it is a virus if inspect any script inside a free model if it has any really Sussy-wussy code UwU like “numhere/numhere/numhere/numhere/numhere/” its obfuscaition and you SHOULD DELETE THE SCRIPT AND ANY SCRIPT THAT IS DESCENDANT OF THE MODEL.

edit:
also if you want to easily delete all the scrits within a model here do this

for _, Instance in pairs(MODEL:GetDescendants()) do
if (v:IsA('Script') or v.ClassName=='Script') then
v:Destroy()
enc
end
end

heres a screenshot is some Sussy-wussy Scripts:

1 Like