Audio Accidentally Moderated under Intellectual Property Policies

Hi again,

This one is a bit trickier to look into. I just wanted to update this thread to let you know we are looking into it but it may be a few more weeks before I have a definite response for you.

1 Like

Great, thank you for letting me know! Please let me know if I should send any other information.

This is a recurring problem. Happens a lot with uploading police sirens and CC0 music too.

2 Likes

This happened to me 2 days ago when I uploaded my forest ambience

1 Like

Could you provide me with any other audio asset ids you uploaded that you think was taken down for using Garageband loops or royalty free audio? If possible could you also provide a link to the Garageband loop/Royalty free audio (or the name if you can’t share a link)? This would help a lot in identifying the issues in our detection software.

Feel free to use the attached private message if you do not want to share these in the public post.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sure!

These are the moderated Asset IDs:

• "April [PD Guitar Solo] - 16169570917 - Removed Public Domain Song

NOTE: I found out that this track was copyrighted. → I used a version of the track “Rhapsody in Blue” that I thought was public domain. It was actually copyrighted.

• “Part 1 Rhapsody” - 15950421608
    Also see “Part 2 Rhapsody” and “Part 3 Rhapsody:” 15950425500, 15950426674
  • Jazz Hop - Royalty-Free Audio from Uppbeat - 13559410334 - Royalty-free and removed.

These were additional audio that were moderated, though I am unsure if this was due to copyright issues:

• 14776467479 - “Art Museum Background”
  • 13559413545 - “Art Gallery Background Music”

I used the following GarageBand loops:

• Half Court Keys
  • Half Court Piano 01
  • Half Court Beat
  • Flipping Out Electric Bass 01

I am pretty sure the tracks were from the “Vision and Verse” pack on GarageBand
Should I try attaching a GarageBand file to the private message?

I could not find a link to the GarageBand pack, though I found videos that show some of the samples in the pack:

Hi I have been having the same issue for over a year as well. Some examples of moderated songs are In The Hall of the Mountain King, songs by creators like Tobu (one of the most popular free music creators), even Kevin Macleod song (probably the most popular creator, I guarantee if you don’t know who he is you have heard some of his songs.).

Anyways I made a post here a bit ago (I have been really busy lately sorry I didn’t do this earlier.)

Roblox Moderates Copyright Free Music - Help and Feedback / Game Design Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like

These matched actual songs. If you have a way to prove that the files you uploaded are owned by you/are public domain I can take another look.

Yes please, I need a reference audio to properly figure out what is happening here.

Can you provide asset ids so I can check? Feel free to send me a DM if you don’t want them in a public forum.

Here are all the audio Id’s within the last year that have been falsely deleted from most recently deleted to oldest deleted:

• Move Forward - Kevin MacLeod - 17249797580
  • Blank - Disfigure - 15870413502
  • Circles - Lensko - 15858927886
  • Osiris - Laminar - 15627004112
  • Lets Go! - Lensko - 15277456042
  • Bubble - Raven & Kreyn - 15277431823
  • Hello - OMFG - 15234123200
  • Homebound - OYNG! Vhana & Mykool - 15234078683
  • Fearless - Lost Sky - 15234008038
  • Elsewhere - Define Light & Miles Dominic - 15079306499
  • Jackpot - TheFatRat - 15079097956
  • Campfire - RetroVision - 15078897019
  • Sunburst - Tobu & Itro - 14840651324
  • The Spectre - Alan Walker - 14840609735 (I didn’t realise this one was actually sold to a new company which doesn’t allow its use everywhere until after I uploaded this so ignore this one)
  • Windfall - TheFatRat - 14781752272
  • Invincible - DEAF KEV - 14781359191
  • Killercats - Kaibu - 14555098563
  • Sky High - Elektronomia - 14361361387
  • VOIID - Azure - 14304392932
  • Popsicle - LFZ - 13884000092
  • In The Hall Of The Mountain King (by Grieg) - 13870894322

All songs in this list should be in the public domain or the creators allow use of their songs in all places. Most of the songs on this list are also featured in other Roblox experiences.
If you would like to know specifics of any songs on the list please let me know! Even helping me get a few of these be allowed for use would benefit my work and be so great.

1 Like

I do not remember what specific songs I attempted to upload in that instance. They must have been copyrighted and falsely listed as royalty-free on the website I used for music.

I attempted to download the GarageBand file, but it appears that I cannot do that on my device. The best reference is the file I uploaded to the DM.

I can possibly try sending the individual loops used.

Currently we block all audio uploaded that we find a match for including ones where the artist allows distribution of their music on other platforms. A lot of the assets you linked had this happen to them. Some were identified as the wrong song and will be corrected however this does not necessarily mean you will be able to upload them. I would suggest uploading original songs you created and have full rights to. Check out the ‘Music on Roblox’ section of the Terms of Service for more information

That would be the most helpful since we match based on the audio fingerprint so I need the original audio to get the fingerprint. Before downloading the loops make sure you have the permissions from Garageband to download them outside of the application.

1 Like

I will soon attempt to download the GarageBand file once more. I will let you know if I can attach it to the private message.

For now, I am marking this as the solution.

1 Like

I was using the audio that is uploaded from the Roblox account, except the only problem was that people were messaging me saying they were getting copyright strikes when they uploaded videos on YouTube because of the music.

Music that is uploaded to the Roblox account in the Creator Store is only licensed to play in Roblox experiences. Recording that music in a video and then uploading it to YouTube violates that license which is why they are getting a copyright strike. The section of the Roblox Terms of Service I linked in my previous reply goes into more detail.

1 Like

Well the point of me trying to upload copyright free music in the first place was to resolve that issue, and if I can’t do that, then I guess I cant have music in my game because people complain to me when they make videos and get strikes. Thanks anyways for the help :).

Does YouTube recognize Roblox screen recordings and hence prevent specific music in recordings from uploading, or are the YouTube and Roblox intellectual property databases shared, preventing the uploading of copyrighted content on both platforms?

I wanted to know more about uploading audio when recording Roblox experiences on YouTube, as my channel was terminated from YouTube after I uploaded a video with a track uploaded by Roblox (in a Roblox screen recording) I had not known of.

Attached is my experience and the Roblox audio this occurred with:

https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/1844513698/Clair-De-Lune?keyword=audio&pageNumber=1&pagePosition=2&tab=reviews

Both Roblox and YouTube do audio fingerprint matching to determine the audio in the content uploaded to their servers. Since both companies have different license agreements with rightsholders, audio on one platform may not be usable on other platform. Check out YouTube’s policies on copyright YouTube Copyright Rules & Policies - How YouTube Works and/or consult a lawyer for more information on how copyright law works. For the record, I’m not a lawyer none of my responses should be taken as legal advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.