Audio discovery stopped working

For a while now, the Audio discovery plugin dosen’t work at all. I have sounds over in soundservice, however the plugin does not find them. Plus, the audios do not show [ACTION NEEDED] or whatever they had when the update came out where you if you clicked on the error it prompted you to give permissions.
Pleae fix this, it helped me and many other people get audios working again.

Steps to reproduce:

• Add any Sound inside SoundService or anywhere
  • Make sure the SoundId dosent have permissions to play in that specific universe ID
  • You can’t play it.
  • If you play it while you’re ingame it just says “Failed to load sound [whatever the sound id is]: Unable to download sound data” instead of the [ACTION NEEDED] one
  • Audio discovery plugin dosen’t find the sound.

I’ve tried reinstalling Studio.

Place where this works:

Place where this dosen’t work:

Note: the place where this dosen’t work is published from a rbxl file. But the source place, from where the rbxl file was created, has the same issue.

The plugin used is the official one

13 Likes

This issue is still persisting for me. I really don’t know how to give any repro steps but, everything just shows up as ‘failed to load’ and doesnt show up in the audio discovery plugin.

4 Likes

The specific problem is that the heuristic the audio discovery plugin used broke when assetIds ticked over from 10 digits to 11 digits. It will still work for older audio, just not for the newest ones starting with a 10.

There’s a fix on the way for this.

8 Likes

I don’t get anything coming up when I run the plugin.

I’m also trying to figure out why I am getting error messages “Failed to load sound: Unable to download sound data” when the audio is playable in Studio

5 Likes

Is there any update on when this fix will be out? I released my new game last Thursday and today I wanted to set up a different development place file to test my changes in, but after uploading my file all audio in the game broke for the new place file with the output showing me just shy of 100 different audio errors.

There seems to be no way for me to test my game with any audio now. I can only play in silence.

5 Likes

I have the same issue. It worked in an original game but in the copy the audio discovery is broken. The copied game is in a group if that helps find the problem. It’s super annoying.

3 Likes

This issue still persists. Any updates?

3 Likes

We have also been experiencing issues with the audio discovery plugin. We have problematic sound assets that load correctly is some places but fail to load in our main place. The sound discovery plugin doesn’t show any of the assets that are failing to load.

In fact, the plugin only displays 73 audio files and a rough count showed that we have at least 150 unique audio files in our game. The “refresh” button does nothing but reorder the listed assets.

This has been a hindrance to our workflow and asset merging process.

5 Likes

Just checking in on this as it’s been 2 months now. Could you give a date on when the fix for this will release?

3 Likes

still waiting for a fix, this is kinda disrupting my workflow

3 Likes

The Audio Discovery tool still isn’t showing any of my audio. Is there an estimate for when it will be fixed?

*Edit - for anyone else looking for a short-term solution, Publish to Roblox to a separate place, and then go in that place and publish back to the original place, and it should prompt you to allow sound permissions to any sounds you haven’t granted permission to.

5 Likes

Can’t believe it almost has been a year and this hasn’t been fixed.

@blowup999 works like a charm! ty

3 Likes

Goated method never would’ve thought of that thanks, and yeah the no replies to the audio permission issues is interesting, I made another post couple months back about audio permission issues and no response still.

2 Likes

not this year I guess
curious why this is taking so long to fix

3 Likes

Hi all,

We accidentally broke this when we added private audio inventories back 5-6 months ago. However, we thought that this was coupled with the ids going from 10 to 11 digits, but it turns out it also involves this private inventory mechanism.

This means that it’s partially broken in the scenario where you have an audio asset that you don’t own, and we can’t implicitly grant permission (that is. you’d need to ask your friend).

We’re going to need to find some way to return this inventory information while still protecting inventory safety for our top creators.

Here are the conditions when we fail to discovery properly:

1. If the asset is moderated
  2. If the asset is “pending” moderation (hoping to fix this one soon)
  3. If you don’t have permission in a group to view an asset (i.e. your friend made the asset in another group)
  4. If you don’t have permission to view an asset (i.e. your friend made the asset on their main profile and their inventory is hidden).
2 Likes

Hi I am not sure if this is entirely accurate. I have a lot of sounds that I cannot grant permission to for my games.

1. Asset is not moderated
  2. Asset is not pending moderation
  3. I own the asset
  4. I have permission to view the asset.

This has been broken for months, and slowly getting worse over time, as listed in this post:

3 Likes

Same here, my assets don’t check any of those boxes yet they will not show up in the audio discovery plugin.

1 Like

Any updates? I don’t check any of the boxes yet I’m still having this issue.

2 Likes

Yup! Fix should be incoming soon! Sorry about the delay!

5 Likes

my plugin straight up isn’t even THERE.