Audio not directional

Very funnily, the footstep sounds in my game isn’t providing any directional information. In other words, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. However, I did parent them under an attachment AND I did enable volumetric sounds under sound service but in testing all I hear when somebody passes me is increasingly loud footstep audio with NO DIRECTIONS. Could it be possible that the sounds lose direction because it’s under a sound group?

1 Like

can you please specify, or have you understood the post, the sound is here, except i can’t tell from which direction

1 Like

I don’t think directional sound is still a feature of Roblox. Afaik, sounds get quieter/louder based on distance but that’s it. If you want directional sound, try using this module, which dampens the frequency of sounds relative to the camera LookVector.

1 Like

it’s really weird since there is directional sound in Phantom Forces, BRM5, and there is directional sound for my gunshots, everything works except for the footsteps

1 Like

Again I might be just being dumb cuz I really haven’t gotten around 3D sounds for my game so I’m unaware of whether sounds in Roblox are directional or not. Once I check and find out, I’ll lyk.

2 Likes