Auto complete/import Modules & Services

Update

• Fixed a bug with previous version where plugin couldnt detect if a module is a descendant of the script or not
  • Plugin shouldnt suggest modules that are already required anymore
1 Like

Update

Update

• Module no longer outputs errors when you type in command-bar
  • The module that you’re writing in should no longer get suggested by the plugin

Can you make it so the autocomplete doesn’t go above these things --!strict, --!nocheck, and --!nonstrict if there is?

1 Like

I’ve published a fix for this, you can update the plugin now!

Wow, that was so quick! I didn’t expect it to be that quick!

1 Like

Small Update

• Plugin shouldn’t suggest the same module twice anymore

I was feeling a lil lazy which is why it took me a while to do this update

Could you make the plugin reference non-services in the DataModel like normal instances? also, great plugin btw.

Don’t you think this will get messy if I do this for every single object that exists in the game?

Thanks!

1 Like

You could make a table of every service and only make those be able to be referenced with game:GetService() or you could remove non-services in the DataModel from being referenced at all.

the whole point of this plugin is to make your workflow faster by allowing you to automatically make variables for services by just typing their name.

anyways Im busy with some other projects atm but when Im back I will first try to rewrite this plugin and then hopefully add more features (including the one youre talking about)

1 Like

ok, and hopefully work on your other projects and the rewrite go well.

1 Like

I have an idea:

If a module is parented in Workspace, It should use the workspace variable instead of game:GetService("Workspace")

Here you go!

New update

• Plugin will replace StarterGui with LocalPlayer.PlayerGui (local-scripts only)
  • Plugin will replace StarterPack with LocalPlayer.Backpack (local-scripts only)
  • Plugin shouldnt use game:GetService(“Workspace”) anymore when requiring modules that are inside of workspace

2 Likes

Tiny little update

I’ve been wanting to do this update for a long time now and I’ve finally decided to do it

• Plugin will use script.Parent if module is a descendant of script’s parent

2 Likes

You did a typo, It’s supposed to be LocalPlayer.Backpack

though great update

woah I didn’t even realize that, thanks for letting me know

New update

• I dont know what to call this update really, I guess you could say that the auto intellisense is more intelligent now lol

This is what I’ve used for this update :smile:

I really like this plugin and its super useful and powerful, but is there any way you could try to optimize it? I’m not sure if there was a recent update that caused performance issues but my editor is starting to slowdown with this plugin on, specifically the auto suggestion will take a second to pop up. I work with a fairly large code base with many modules, so maybe it has something to do with that. I notice that you loop through every module in the Suggest function, maybe you could try using a hashtable/indexed table instead? My game has 2.35k modules right now which is probably why the plugin is slowing down
https://gyazo.com/2b97b7f28c44dcb090021f064533a9ad

1 Like