Autocomplete and autoident not working correctly on Windows after the latest update (7 Aug 2024)

Problem

The autocomplete is functioning erratically on Windows. This broke with the latest update today on August 7, 2024. For instance, after defining a function and I hit enter, sometimes it will insert the ‘end’ and sometimes it won’t. If you do an event connection, it will never place the ‘end)’. This was reported previously for MacOS.

This issue with autoindent was reported previously but now it’s really broken. It will not function at all after hitting enter for function definitions, event connections, or if/then/elseif/else/end constructs, from what I have noticed.

This is disruptive enough to be causing problems with coding.

Additional Information

Parameter Value
Problem Area Studio
Problem Component Script Editor
First Noticed 7 Aug 2024
Priority High
Impact Medium
Annoyance Level Critical

The beta features that I have enabled are as follows:

• Assistant Preview
  • Material Generator
  • Texture Generator

As for plugins, I have a bunch that are installed, but very few are enabled. The ones that are enabled are listed below with links to their details page on the Roblox store website:

Expectations

What I expect to happen is that the autocomplete functions without going neurotic.

Visuals

Not Really.

Reproduction

This is highly erratic. As such I am unable to give reliable reproduction steps.

Files

Not Really

2 Likes

Could you confirm if this is still happening today? We rolled back a change yesterday here which appears to have solved the issue mentioned in that thread.

At the moment I’m not able to reproduce this. Does this impact all scripts, or only certain ones? If the latter, can you provide a repro script? If not, could you comment on how large the script you’re seeing this in is?

1 Like

It was doing it this morning after the rollback when I was using Studio around 6-7 AM PDT.

EDIT:

Yes, it’s still happening.

Hi @Maelstorm_1973

We are tracking this issue with this post: Auto-Indent/Auto-Complete intermittently does not work after using certain LUA keywords and constructs and I will follow this up with you in DM.

Thank you!