Automatic Text Capture 2.0

This is amazing! Can’t wait to use this :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Omg, this is so good I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Finally!

26 Likes

Thank you!

We have localization tables right now in our game that are generated on run-time. This helps cover some very specific edge cases in our UI. However, we manually upload these localization tables which makes release really painful.

What’s the chance we can get a checkbox or something so that Roblox “scrapes” that localization table too. This would save us a serious amount of pain!

29 Likes

This will happen on published content only, and the engagement threshold is only that the player count is > 0.

24 Likes

As someone in the thread already said, we’re still rolling this feature out. We’re taking it slow to make sure everything looks good - we’re aiming to have it rolled out to all experiences by the end of next week!

20 Likes

Happy to see ATC getting some more attention!

Was the issue with malformed strings being captured addressed? Didn’t see it mentioned in the OP

21 Likes

Great features! As a translator for a big game this will definitely help me a tons. :happy3:

THANK YOU

28 Likes

This issue should be largely be addressed, although there will be some edge cases that we still need to work on. The original process only sees content which is not translated (so in the linked example, it considered “Mori” already translated and only scraped the latter half of the word), but the new process looks at the entire source string.

18 Likes

This is one of the best update in this month.

13 Likes

Ok, thats great to hear you helping other people with projects.

12 Likes

Well, auto translate NEVER WORKED in my experience… and I’ve already tried resetting the languages and talking to Roblox support but the only thing they do is send links to the platform’s documentation but there is nothing to solve this problem, I’ve already tried to modify the description and title of the game and it doesn’t help, and it even seems like a supposed “shadow ban” because I tested the title of the experience and description in other experiences and it always translated normally, what do you think??

And I forgot to mention, auto translate is only working for strings but it doesn’t work for the title and description

10 Likes

Hey @GUILHERMENUMERO3 - sorry you’ve been having trouble with automatic translations. If you’d like to DM me the universe ID for your experience, we can investigate in the next 1-2 weeks and see if we can help you out.

13 Likes

I’ll send it thank you very much, I’m getting desperate! This is really damaging my experience for months

12 Likes

Is there any way to manual translate subplaces of my experience?

10 Likes

can you explain it to me so i can understand this better also is this for Roblox studio?

8 Likes

How does it do this? Does it check once a day to see if the string is still there?

8 Likes

The system will check for and remove strings that have not been seen by any players in a certain number of days and unique play sessions.

8 Likes

In the Creator Dashboard on the localization tab you can manually translate your experience but you don’t have an option to configure the localization of the subplaces it has
Auto translate its alright but it isn’t perfect and I just want to edit the texts myself

3 Likes

Ok thank you question my question is how do i make it ware i understand outh people in there Language?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.