Automatic Translation: Full Platform Rollout!

Really great update! This would really help my game expand to a much ranger audience! My only concern is that trusting AI with all of my game is bound to have a couple of errors in the process.

Does “in-game strings” also include the game chat (or perhaps a custom one?)

The regular chat shouldn’t translate, but it shouldn’t translate the custom one either, depending on how you set up the custom chat to begin with.

1 Like

Is this whole automatic translation thing providing real-time translations to my game? I was confused because “in-game strings” can pretty much mean anything, it’s incredibly broad. Chat messages are strings too so I wanted to know if it would apply to the Roblox chat or a custom chat. I don’t have plans on getting access to an API like Google Translate because of how incredibly expensive it is.

It translates the game but not in real-time. Strings = any text label in the game.

1 Like

Is this live? None of my games got translated yet.

1 Like

I really like the idea of automatic translations, but it would be nice for our translators if we could get some sort of blue dot as an indicator that a game string is auto translated instead of just making it a green dot like the manual translations. Sometimes the automatic translations don’t quite get it right and a manual translator is required, but without highlighting which translations are automatic, the translator would have to go through the other translators manual strings unnecessarily, making work less productive.

Example:

9 Likes

The same thing is happening to me.

I wish they we’re settings that can make it work really

I still haven’t received this yet. Any reason for this?

Does anyone know if this is out now? I’m having trouble figuring this out.

Check the DevHub, it has articles regarding Translation.

1 Like

Same question here. None of my games have been translated yet, and the correct settings are turned on.

Well Done Roblox! Nice Translations.

1 Like

As translator, I am bit worried about my job to lose, I don’t think it is good idea.

2 Likes

Manual translation will always be better than AI translation, at least for the rest of this decade. You have nothing to worry about yet.

3 Likes

Nah, Roblox did that on purpose. :slight_smile:

Yet?!?!

Maybe someday there will be an AI that is equally as capable as a human at learning languages, but it won’t happen for at least 10-20 years.

I can’t use it in my game for some reason, are there any requirements for this feature? I can use it in one of my games, but not in another

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.