Avatar BodyTypeScale set to 0 on upload via studio is reset to BodyTypeScale 1 on website

I’m not actually sure if this is a bug or what is intended, but it isn’t what I expect when I upload avatars.

When you import a body into studio as Rig Scale type Default it sets the BodyScaleType in Humanoid to 0. The result looks like this:

However, after you upload the item to the website, it defaults to BodyTypeScale 1:

This makes the body tall and slender, and makes the head pretty small. This is not what I intend my customers to use. They can go into their avatar settings and change the the BodyType to 0% but this is an extra step.

It’s important for me that the avatar maintains integrity of the scale because items look different on other scale types, and well as the body itself looking wonky, not to mention the different rig types have different size boundaries.

Expected behavior

When uploading an Avatar Body via Save To Roblox, Avatar Body should maintain its scale (and other) settings on the website.

4 Likes

This is intentional behaviour: an staff member mentioned it in a DevForum post but unfortunately I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

I hope that’s not the case. The fact that it feels like a bug makes me wonder if they shouldn’t just force all Rig Scale Settings to be set to Rthro then.

1 Like

I found the bug report, take a look

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.