AvatarEditorService Public Release

Thanks for the report, I will fix this issue.

2 Likes

Is there any timeline you can give on this?

My thoughts exactly. Mobile players sometimes have a hard time getting IDs.

2 Likes

This is actually really cool! Glad to see new innovative features being added to the Roblox engine.

This feature making me excited!:smile: Canā€™t wait to see games like Plz Donate be benefited.

1 Like

We are hoping to release that by the end of the year.

5 Likes

Found a weird issue with creating outfits:

So if you create an outfit with PromptCreateOutfit(), and the name you input gets blocked by the text filter, then PromptCreateOutfitCompleted will fire with Enum.AvatarPromptResult.Failed and Enum.CreateOutfitFailure.InvalidName.

However, the outfit still gets created, just with a default name instead (something like ā€œOutfit 32ā€).

Is this meant to happen? Why does it still fire with Enum.AvatarPromptResult.Failed when the creation didnā€™t actually fail? I feel like it shouldnā€™t be creating an outfit at all hereā€¦

EDIT: Seems like this is fixed now. It doesnā€™t create an outfit anymore.

Iā€™m most excited for the catalog related functionality of this API. Iā€™m hoping that it is designed to work well with HumanoidDescription instances, especially now that layered clothing is live. The current workflow for applying an accessory to a character requires getting Accessory info with MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo() then using some hacky regex patterns to turn a AssetTypeId number into a AccessoryType enum so it can be applied using HumanoidDescription:SetAccessories(). It would be awesome if AvatarEditorService:GetItemDetails() included the AccessoryType in the returned dictionary to make applying it to a HumanoidDescription easier for developers.

2 Likes

It appears that the AvatarEditorService:ConformToAvatarRules() method was not released. It throws a lacking permissions error when attempting to use. Currently permission level for the method is 5 according to Studio output.

Thereā€™s limited applicability for this feature but still usefull nonetheless.

This service appears to be down? After joining the demo place, accepting access to my inventory, equipping a new back accessory, and saving my avatar, :PromptSaveAvatarCompleted never returns and my avatar never updates. Iā€™m also unable to further equip any new accessories.

Another bug Iā€™ve encountered: it appears :GetOutfits() does not respect the given OutfitSource param. Passing in Enum.OutfitSource.Created shows all outfits, even purchased ones. And Enum.OutfitSource.Purchased shows the same. Thanks!

Thanks for the report. The outfits issue seems to be an issue we are also experiencing on the web and is being looked into. I will see what the issue is with the demo place.

2 Likes

Yeah, seems like PromptSaveAvatar() is now hanging forever, without ever updating the userā€™s avatar, and as a result PromptSaveAvatarCompleted will never fire.

This is happening in all games, and it kinda broke one of mine, could this be fixed soon?

I have submitted a fix for the PromptSaveAvatar issue. It should ship this Wednesday for desktop platforms and slightly later for mobile.

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing that! Will the fix also address PromptCreateOutfit() not creating outfits?

PromptCreateOutfit seems to be working for me. What circumstances is it not working in?

After joining the demo place, allowing access to my inventory, equipping a new back accessory, clicking on ā€œSave Costumeā€, the modal appeared and I was able to complete the prompts, but the outfit never saved to my character creations on Roblox.com

This seems to be working for me. Can you see if there is any output in the developer console when this fails to save? You can open the console by typing /console in the chat.

No, thereā€™s no output on client or server when I replicated the game

1 Like

Just letting you know that Iā€™m still experiencing this issue, unfortunately. It appears to be a specific problem with my account, as saving identical outfits on alt accounts worked perfectly, but my account still canā€™t save the exact same outfit. Thanks for any help debugging this!