AvatarEditorService Public Release

You aren’t alone, this issue happens when trying to load an outfit from the browser version. I created an outfit and set the layered clothing order on the new beta app and it loads just fine on the desktop app. However when I load that same outfit on the browser version the order of the layered clothing is completely different despite the saved order you set on the outfit, this means you have to manually rearrange everything every single time you load the outfit from the browser. I’m trying to report this specific bug on the devforum but it got deleted since there isn’t really a place to report a Roblox website bug. I feel like the browser version of Roblox isn’t getting enough attention anymore.

With the recent change, it now throws me a HTTP 500 error which makes me wonder if it’s to do with the Roblox’s request limit like @RPD777 has mentioned. It worked on one occasion where it went through inventory completely and printed over 600 assets, but 99% of the time it throws out the 500 error.

was this feature disabled recently or did i do something wrong?

What methods are you trying to use? Some of the methods including the catalog functionality is not yet released.

i’m trying to use :GetItemDetails() to find out how much robux a bundle costs, do you know when it will be released?

Hi, I got a HTTP/404 error too and it seems like my asset type params are exceeded the limit amount as mentioned above. It sounds like I have to get twice or more times if I am going to get all assets for custom filter. Since the types of assets may go larger, is there any expected plan to expose the way of collect all assets once, for instance, an Enum type specifics ALL or a bool option or Blacklist?

When will AvatarEditorService:SearchCatalog be enabled?

We will be making a change to our backend to enable the requesting of all asset types at once without exceeding this limit. Hopefully will ship this before the end of the quarter.

3 Likes

This is being actively worked on and will hopefully be enabled before the end of the quarter.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is intended behavior but calling PromptCreateOutfit on outfits containing some items you don’t own will always cause the function to fail. I expected it to work similarly to PromptSaveAvatar where items the player doesn’t have are ignored and changes your avatar with whatever is available.

What are the current request limits on the SearchCatalog function?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.