Average Visit Length doesn't account for teleports

I’ve seen two drops in average visit time.

1st time - when I added teleporting for the first time, introducing a ‘trading plaza’

2nd time - more recently, adding a ‘hardcore mode’ which is used frequently

There is a pretty definitive drop RIGHT after the ‘hardcore mode’ update. Even now, with weekly updates, we’re fighting very hard to even get half the playtime we used to before teleports were added at all.

(Creator Dashboard)

Hi Preston:
I think the chart you are looking at is still the old developer stats page.
Have you tried out to take a look at the new Creator Dashboard Engagement page?
That one has the average playtime which considers teleport already so it is much more accurate.
The one you look at only considers place level so teleport will cause session time drop.

2 Likes

Hi @rezrift and @pa00:
I confirmed with the team who is responsible for game discovery. All the metrics used for ranking should be at experience level so adding teleport should not impact your ranking.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for confirming it! For both large games and small games, it is important to not have teleports interfere by chopping up play session accuracy. Glad to know this is fixed.

To anyone wondering, this does appear to be fixed in the new charts.

Old Chart (developer stats page):

New Chart (engagement page):

Got it! This cleared it up. Average playtime looking a lot more healthy on the creator dashboard. I’d suggest adding a notice on the developer stats about this - everyone I asked, including creators of top 10 experiences, did not know this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.