Backpack Visibility

Hello, I am unsure on how I would disable the default Roblox backpack, but still have equipping tools function. I would appreciate any Roblox Developer Hub links, as I do not work with backpacks often, and will be soon after what I am currently working on.

So, just to recap, I need assistance with:

• Making the default backpack not visible.
  • Still make tools functional.

I appreciate all and any help I receive.

5 Likes
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

You will need to make a custom script for equipping and unequipping the tool if you disable this.

To make the backpack invisible (StarterGui | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub):

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

To equip tools, you can either use a built in equip function (Humanoid | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub):

Character.Humanoid:EquipTool(tool)

Edit: Almost forgot, to unequip tools, you can use the uneqipTools method (Humanoid | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub):

Character.Humanoid:UnequipTools()
12 Likes

If I use :EquipTool(), will the backpack still be visible? I recall that happening in the past, although I may have not used the correct system.

No, EquipTool will not set the visibility. This is the code the backpack script uses, so you can add the same functionality. Setting the backpack to be invisible via setCoreGuiVisible will keep it that way; Until you make it visible again via that method.

1 Like

Okay, appreciate the help man. :ok_hand:

Yeah, no problem. Almost forgot: You can also unequip tools with the :UnequipTools() method. I edited my original solution to contain this (Humanoid | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub)

Anywho, have a good day.

1 Like