Bad Allocation error message

Hello everyone, i got bad allocation error message earlier today when i tried to playtest my game with two players, i did some research about this in the the devforum and found out that my game uses too much memory and i was just wondering does this mean that my game is really poorly optimized or my pc can’t launch two games at the same time because i see games using a ton of meshes and working just fine (also fixed it by deleting one mesh but when i bring it back it won’t work)

This was recently brought up in a devforum post in this category, the supposed solution they came up with was turning off StreamingEnabled on Workspace. I am not sure if it’s really a fix to that, but that’s about the information I can provide right now.

The post in question

Does this mean that my game is okay performence wise plus i think streamigEnabled is like important for hackers

I can’t really tell you much from a rough description, however I can surely tell you that the memory usage you see in studio is NOT something you will probably see ingame… I’ve literally gotten 3.8GB RAM usage in studio and my games aren’t really unoptimized I believe.

StreamingEnabled is used for streaming in parts of the map and only keeping a certain region around the player in memory. You are confusing it with FilteringEnabled, which is a property that has been deprecated and hidden for a long time by now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.