BanManager | A light-weight ban handler!

Urgent Update

• Fixed a few significant errors

I get this error now:
ServerScriptService.BanManager:49: attempt to index nil with 'IsBanned'
I think It’s trying to get stuff from a table that doesn’t exist

Fixed again, I made a typo and published without checking, I’m so sorry.

Hate to bother you again, but line 54 of the module should be player.UserId so remove async can work.

Fixed, thank you for all of these notices, I’m surprised how I didn’t catch these earlier.

Update

• Added a new callback parameter to .GetBanDatas
  • More info in documentation
1 Like

I have a question
If you banned player and they get unbanned, but there still line that bans them, will they get ban again?
(Sorry for bumping)

If you ban a player, then unban a player, and then ban them again, they will be banned again.

No, I mean,
If you put a line to ban them (call function that bans)
and leave it there, will it ban them again once they unbanned?

Is that not what I said?

Just asking that, if you just leave line that banned them, they get unbanned, but, since line that bans them still there, it will ban them again right?
There still work-arounds with that to know that player got banned

Do you know how to get this text near name like Programmer (well I think you know since you got it)

If you leave the line that banned them, they shouldn’t be unbanned.

Join this group: Programmers - Developer Forum | Roblox
Go to your account summary and press preferences.

1 Like

Quite a well-made asset, as someone mentioned earlier. Glad to see you have added support for ProfileService since I last checked on this module.

Thanks for the contribution and dedication to updates.

1 Like

Minor Update

• Code cleanup and optimizations

This has been superseded by Roblox’s new Ban API, so I will discontinue this project. Thank you for all the support though, and I wish you all a good day!

9 Likes

Tough break, it was a good idea!

1 Like

I still use an edited version of this simply for the logging part with the ExtraBanData bit. It’s very useful paired with the new ban API!

2 Likes