Basic Admin Essentials Plugin Help

If you want to help me privately, go ahead and Private Message me on the DevFourm and we can discuss a TeamCreate?

It worked for me. Are you sure you put it inside the Plugins folder of the loader script?

Yes, also the Basic Admin is in ServerScriptService or whatever thatā€™s called
It goes like:

Basic Admin Essentials (script) then inside of that is the Plugins (folder) and inside that is the Script (Script)

It has to be a ModuleScript, not just a Script.

1 Like

It works for 1 user, but it doesnā€™t for everyone else.

Can you please provide more details as to what problem you are experiencing?

When I execute the command, the message only shows for me, but everybody else canā€™t see it unless they execute the command themselves.

This is because only the speaker is fired. Replace this:

remoteEvent:FireClient(Player, 'Message', 'Information', information)

With this:

remoteEvent:FireAllClients('Message', 'Information', information)
1 Like

Hi, I just want to take the time to say thank you for your helpful replies.

Anyway, is there possibly a way to make a list instead of a message with the plugin? If so, how?
View the screenshot for clarification.
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.43.37 PM

Yes! It is possible, I also have some experience in making basic admin essentials plugin. In the 2nd argument, you need to do ā€œListā€.

I changed the argument, and it works. Thanks!
How do I add things to create the list itself?

On the 3rd argument, it defines the title of the list.

On the 4th and 5th argument, you will add a bool (true or false) in which the 4th means canRefresh and the 5th is the``canSearch`.

For the 6th argument, it requires a table (array, not dictionary). This table includes the content of the list.

Is there a way to make it a PM but you cannot reply to it?

There is already usually a display time provided with the message command on BAE, is there a way we can take it from there once firing the remoteEvent or-

You would do something like this:

remoteEvent:FireAllClients('PM',"Oh hey this is the PM title","Oh look heres the body text.",true)

Note: This will fire the PM and automatically open it without the notification at the bottom right of the screen.

1 Like

Mm okay, Iā€™ll try that. (30 chars)

When I run the command the system message is there for like a split seccond. Its the black bar flying through the screen.

Iā€™m using this with the double messages

Heres my script just in case it helps.

There are typos in your script. Replace information on line 16 with Message, and replace pluginUsage with ""

1 Like

Do you know if there are other arguments with the remoteEvent(ā€œMessageā€)? Not sure how I can find out if there is a way to set the time of the message.