Battering Ram gets buggy after 3-4 uses

Good idea, I’ll try it out

1 Like

I only say this since I use rope constraints and they take quite some time to completely stop, unless the restitution is on 0.

1 Like

Unfortunately this did not work, but I did find out that the bug always occurs on the third time

I’ll try playing with the retention and seeing what happens

1 Like

Did you mean restitution?

lol i just changed my post, yes

1 Like

I got the same issue unfortunately, even after setting all of them to 1

This is also prob off topic, but i notice in the video the back rear wheel is moving off its orientation… is this also supposed to be happening? Just seeing if its all related, or if its a tween issue.

1 Like

I was also playing around with the wheels, the problem occurs with/without them enabled. Thanks for telling me though.

Ok, it reminded me of another post where someones train did the same jittery effect and i believe they had two hinge constraints working against each other.

1 Like

Have you tried to play with the wait durations… maybe try 4 for the tween duration and 3 for the extra delay?

1 Like

Maybe this post might help stop the tween once it finishes:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-can-i-stop-my-tween/438464

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that but I’ll try removing joints and seeing what happens

1 Like

I’ll try this too, thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately these both yielded the same result, I’m going to try making a third tween so that it doesn’t rely on the “snap” of the rope constraints to send the ram back to its original position

Try setting the 5th parameter of tween to true, and seeing what happens… this returns the tween to the position it started from. On the second tween that is.

1 Like

This didn’t work either, but interestingly the problem still occurred when I removed the rope joints

Gonna go to bed now, will be looking at this thread tomorrow

1 Like

This was a really hard issue to find, but after 2 days of frustration it’s finally fixed. It turns out that Roblox gets really angry when you want to tween unanchored parts, and after a while it starts to “break down” the physics. In my case, I was relying on the tweens to hold up the part while it was in motion. It was fixed by only four lines of code, one that anchored the welding part of the vehicle and another that anchored the ram (only for the duration of the tween).

2 Likes

Good solve!.. makes sense in hindsight.

1 Like