Beams have small annoying outline on top

Why is this happening? Is there a way to fix this?

It’s the image your beam is made from. Try taking the image and cutting off the last couple pixels, then uploading it again.

1 Like

Didn’t change anything. This is what I’m using btw:

Have you played with the Beam | Roblox Creator Documentation Property at all? Try setting it to .99 to see what happens.

Yep, that’s what I did to get it that point. Without setting that it looks much worse. I found out it’s almost not noticeable if the beam isn’t white. I’m alright with what I have now

So try decreasing it by .01 each time to see if that helps out.

Yes it helps, it’s already at .1. There’s no way to go lower and it’s so hard to notice in a color other than white that I’m fine with it:

Are you able to send a model of the beam so that we can better examine it?

Yo that is weird. i screwed around with all the properties, nothing. 0.1 is the least it can be anyway… so i think a less permanent solution would to just leave it be and dont let the ocd take over

1 Like

For some reason the gradient is being repeated at the top, just really squished.Ill look into why this is

1 Like

Fixed.rbxm (5.3 KB)
After reading this page, I found that because of the way beams work, to fix the issue you would need to remove some pixels on the opposite side of it. I opened up photoshop and did it, and now it seems to be work almost perfectly!

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!