Begineer guide to scripting

I know but i accidentally submitted it and doesnt let me edit that part out so :confused:

Exactly, and a beginner is making a tutorial. Fam, there’s so many developers on the platform that’s been here for years. Yeah, it’s kind of sad some of them don’t make beginner tutorials. But when a beginner make a tutorial and they haven’t grasped the foundation of programming, you’re just spreading bad practices.

I’m not trying to put you down, I just think it’d be more beneficial to everyone if you had a bit more experience before making these tutorials. They’re just bloating the resources section which is like the only gem left on this forum.

I will tell that is a bad practise, as I said, and im not a begineer begineer im like kind of good

I will tell bad pracitse next tutorial

I was going to right that and change it but it didnt let me because i accidentally submitted as i said above…

I know that every begineer makes mistakes plus this was my first ever post

Thank you for the feedback! I don’t understand some because im still learning but sitll thank youi

I fixed up my examples, also I don’t really get what you said in the functions part of your reply, but anyway thank you! I might add more things to the part 2 later. Pls bare with me as im still a begineer, and if i sound dumb.

You shouldn’t be using the 2nd argument of Instance.new().

It absolutely fine, but once again, you might want to make your own concepts strong before making tutorials for the same as you may mislead, or provide wrong information to other learners

Yes, everyone mentioned above you should not be using a second argument but i changed that

if you look at the bottom of the post

Yeah, also I’m watching tutorials everyday like 1 episode every day, so yeah! Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Part 2 is out!

I highly recommend that you learn more about scripting before teaching others. Since the information you provide MIGHT (emphasizing the might as the chances of it are low) lead other new developers into mistakes and errors. Still, I think that your gesture to help the community is great.

Just a view spelling errors:
The actual spelling is “beginner”, not “begineer”.
And in the given situation, the word that should be used is “practice”, and not “practise”

Don’t think of my reply as a hate comment, think of it as constructive crictisism.

Good luck on your developing future! :smiley:

Well, I’m not exactly saying im a begineer like i know things such as isA but I know i bad practise by using local part = Instance.new(“Part”,workspace) in my part 2 i talk about that. Well, thank you for the feedback, i will definitely try improve.

Also I’m using practise as I’m australian, and I always by habit type in practise, instead of practice which is the american way.

Oh! I did not know that was the case in Australia, my bad!

But didn’t you say you were a beginner in a previous reply…

It’s okay. :happy1:

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I know I did say I was a begineer but like when I said I was a begineer, I’m not like a begineer begineer, which doesnt know like functions and stuff but yeah, I classified my self as a begineer, as im still learning a few basic things.

1 Like