Being able to change ColorMap in Surface Appearance during runtime despite the API saying you can't

@Pan_Shyrikys Your request to being able to change ColorMap from Luau looks more like a Feature Request, which should be shared in the Feature Requests category.
I’ve tried the repro steps from the initial post. Yes, manually, in the Studio you can copy-paste and set the assets IDs for the SA maps, but not from a script.

@Maelstorm_1973 Could you please create a new Bug Report and describe the issue with the mismatch between the Documentation and the Luau. That would be the easiest way for it to get reviewed and assigned to the correct team.

@neutrinostack Very well.

EDIT:

New bug report has been posted. It can be viewed here: MaterialVariant.ColorMap cannot be accessed from scripts even though the documentation says that you can

I’m not gonna lie them just fixing the API instead of changing the behavior didn’t solve the problem whatsoever sadly

They are only allowing plugins to even have access to those properties. You can’t even read the values from a script. Why I don’t know. Turns out the documentation was wrong.