Best free ways to advertise my game

This is my 2nd post on the developer forum, only get promoted to member today so I apologise if this category isn’t the one I should post this in.

I’ve been looking for free ways to advertise my game until my next wad of Robux that I can hopefully spend on some sponsorships/advertisements.

Most of the visits are from myself and my friends repeatedly joining the game.

I don’t know when and where are the best places for me to advertise my project for free.

And in terms of paid advertisements, how great would 1k’s worth of advertisements do? When are the ideal times for me to buy an advertisement?

17 Likes

There are many ways to get players, one is social media if you have a YouTube/twitch you can stream it or post on twitter or tiktok and even Instagram. Second I would tell your friends to invite there friends and that will start a chain. Hopefully you get more players!

5 Likes

Youtubers, give youtubers an incentive to play your game in the form of an item made for them or a code for something. The hardest part is reaching out to them though.

3 Likes

I moderate for the surreal entertainment discord and one of the old admins is a fairly large Roblox Youtuber, thank you for this suggestion as I may reach out to him on the topic.

2 Likes

I think the most underrated method of advertising your game is creating badges. You never hear people talking about this. There are actually a lot of times where I go on someone’s profile and click on an attractive game badge icon.

12 Likes

Ooo, I’ll try this method out too. Very interesting that it is often overlooked.

I second this, I’ve found plenty of cool games this way.

1 Like

Twitter, YouTube and the friends/profile. I find a lot of new game from what my friends have played before including badges too. badges
SEO might work.
Regarding Twitter I believe you do need to work at it. Make something eye catching.
For youtube you could either make a new YT channel or ask YTers to make content on your game. They get content you get exposure.

2 Likes

Here was my answer:

Try searching for topics that might already exist as they may have been already answered.

1 Like

Well, social media is one of the best way to grow and advertise your game effectively.
For Roblox contents, Twitter will be the best place to advertise and show off your game to other Robloxians out there since most Roblox contents are already there for a long time.

So, having an account for your game and advertise it with the hashtags such as #RobloxDev is actually a good way to advertise your game. Have a try, it’s worth the shot.

As @whitezane444 said, indeed badges is also one of the method since people like me also looking up for attractive badges on inventory. So yeah, also have a try.

3 Likes

you really think youtube is gonna work if theyre not getting views in the first place